To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC7WWJY - OCD Challenge

[Resolved] GC7WWJY - OCD Challenge
August 28, 2018 05:13AM
Hi!

I am planning a challenge cache which requres the number of finds on at least 5 cache types beeing dividable by 10 (ending with a zero - excluding exactly zero finds).

I had doubts concerning the rule 14 of the guidelines (not allowed: "Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches.") as you might want to stop with a cache type by reaching the next zero, but my reviewer gave the okay because one could as well find another 10.

So is this technically possible?

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2018 03:57PM by St.Jocosa. (view changes)
Re: GC7WWJY - OCD Challenge
August 28, 2018 09:52AM
My first concern would be rule 14 too but if you got the okay from your reviewer you should be fine. Will have to modify a script to cater for this, but yes, it should be possible on a technical level. So let me know if you're going ahead with this.
August 28, 2018 04:04PM
I checked again with my reviewer. We agreed on 5 cache types (instead of 6). I edited the post above accordingly and am ready to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your help! It is much appreciated!
August 28, 2018 05:57PM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7WWJY/36955

Please test and let us know if it's suitable. PS: you don't qualify at present (:P)
August 28, 2018 06:16PM
Wow, that was fast! I will do some testing. Thanks!

Could you include Lab Caches?

How did you incorporate the events? Do they count as a category or each icon separately?
August 28, 2018 06:23PM
Cool. When I tell someone it's technically possible, I normally have an ace up my sleeve already. (:P)

Lab Caches may not be included in challenges, so they're excluded.

As configured the different event types will count as different groups. However, if you need it, I can lump all events into a single group.
August 29, 2018 07:58AM
No need for any lumping! Works great!

Thank you very much!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login