To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC82569 - Clone and update tag from checker GC700C2 from 100 to 200 cache count

Hello,

I have created a next level of challenge GC700C2, where 100 caches were to be found in Czechia with elevation above 1000meters, updated to 200 caches in my new challenge. I meet the challenge myself. The original cache GC700C2 owner supports this next level of the challenge (i.e. my challenge cache GC82569).

The exact tag config change is simple:
"needed": 100
becomes
"needed": 200
and the comment of the new tag would change from:
Tag comment: 100 caches at above 1000 m, located in Czech Republic only allowed only Traditional, Multi and Unknown caches there is a correction - to every elevation is 50 meters added due to wrong (lower) elevations counted by project-gc
to
Tag comment: 200 caches at above 1000 m, located in Czech Republic only allowed only Traditional, Multi and Unknown caches there is a correction - to every elevation is 50 meters added due to wrong (lower) elevations counted by project-gc

Your help in creating the new tag config is much appreciated! Let me know if there are any questions.
Re: GC82569 - Clone and update tag from checker GC700C2 from 100 to 200 cache count
January 07, 2019 08:15AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC82569/39328

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
Re: GC82569 - Clone and update tag from checker GC700C2 from 100 to 200 cache count
January 07, 2019 08:30AM
Wow, thanks a lot for the super fast response!

The checker works but it isn't completely consistent with the prior level of the challenge. The new one supports cache types
{
"type": "Traditional Cache"
},
{
"type": "Multi-cache"
},
{
"type": "Unknown Cache"
}

while the original one supported:
{
"type": "Traditional Cache"
},
{
"type": "Multi-cache"
},
{
"type": "Unknown Cache"
},
{
"type": "Wherigo Cache"
},
{
"type": "Letterbox Hybrid"
},
{
"type": "Earthcache"
},
{
"type": "Virtual Cache"
}

This may cause trouble to some geocachers as their count of caches would possibly drop from the easier prior level of the challenge. If possible, can you please add Virtual Cache, Earthcache, Letterbox Hybrid, Wherigo Cache types to make it consistent?

Thanks!
January 07, 2019 08:34AM
Your comment above only listed Traditional, Unknown and Multi-caches, so I removed the rest. Have added the other 4 to the checker now and amended the comment.
January 07, 2019 08:45AM
My bad. Thanks for catching this a fixing my error quickly!

I confirm that the new checker does exactly what I needed for the new challenge. Tested on both a user that fulfills the challenge and on one that doesn't yet. The counts are also consistent with the prior level of the challenge.

I'll update the cache listing with the checker link and send for publication. Shall I then update this thread once published or what else is needed from me?
January 07, 2019 08:50AM
Great stuff!

Nothing further required here. Will mark this thread as resolved now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login