To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] New checker request (Average T)

[Resolved] New checker request (Average T)
June 23, 2019 04:24AM
GC89M77
I'm looking for a checker for the following condition:

Get 1000 found geocaches with highest T rating and calculate average T. Initially we can specify average T 3.0 as qualification requirement (later we can modify by results of me and other local geocachers).

Thank you
Re: New checker request (Average T)
June 23, 2019 11:19AM
Many thanks, its OK for now. This is for a "hiking" challenge, I'm thinking about more requirements (attributes...)
June 23, 2019 11:27AM
Finish your idea first, then request a checker.
Don't waste other peoples time.

You only mentioned a change of average T required, which is easy (just needs a 5sec config change, not a code change).
Adding additional things may take time, and it may require lots of rewrites to suit the new requirements.
June 23, 2019 11:30AM
OK, sorry. Thanks again for this. This challenge wil be published with your checker.
June 23, 2019 11:41AM
In this case, it's not so bad because the initial script was pretty easy and straightforward and should only be additional coding for further requirements (ie, I can keep all the code in place already, just have to add new code for the new requirements).
So if you want to make it a hiking one that should be fine.
You just can't keep adding (or removing) requirements because the base code may not be suitable at all, which would require a complete rewrite.
So take a minute or two and think of what you want the final challenge to be and I can modify for those requirements.

Also keep it in mind for future challengers you want to make, because what may look to be a simple 5-min addition at first can take several hours to code.
June 23, 2019 12:13PM
Unfortunately, I don't think this type of challenge is allowed under the guidelines. Specifically:

"Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches."

In this case, people would be hurt by finding caches with low terrain ratings. See GC76MRZ, which was archived by Geocaching HQ for violating the rule I cited above two days after publication.
June 23, 2019 01:35PM
My first idea was simply "average T" from all found geocaches. However, our local reviewe told me that it is not allowed (as your comment). The idea "from 1000 found geocaches" is by our local reviewer allowed.
June 23, 2019 03:06PM
I see. I misunderstood your request. Sorry about that.
June 29, 2019 04:28PM
Thank you very much, challenge is published
https://coord.info/GC89M77
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login