To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Found 10 Different Cache Types/Icons, GC8JM0K

[Resolved] Found 10 Different Cache Types/Icons, GC8JM0K
February 02, 2020 05:31PM
Requesting a checker for CHALLENGE: Found 10 Different Cache Types/Icons, GC8JM0K.
There is a similar checker for this - GC3EGT0 - DJBACH CHALLENGE: 10 Icons.
The previous checker I requested for this GC# (CHALLENGE: Find a Cache Below Sea Level, GC8JM0K) was not allowed by geocaching reviewer.
Thanks!!
Re: Found 10 Different Cache Types/Icons, GC8JM0K
February 02, 2020 05:40PM
Although I do not doubt a checker can and may well be created by the team here - having a high quantity of icons in one challenge is often questioned/rejected by reviewers. The previous challenge that you referred to was published back in 2012 long before restrictions on icon numbers came about.
It might be worth checking with your local reviewer whether he/she will publish this and if so you should have no issue getting it created here
Tim
February 02, 2020 05:57PM
@Deepdiggingmole
The reviewer have set the bar higher to 11 in some countries and 12 in most countries so I see no problem with this challenge

The challenge below sealevel in most countries is also excepted provided that there are sufficient caches available.
Sould this be that case then dannobub could send in an appeal the support team https://www.geocaching.com/help//index.php?pg=request
February 02, 2020 06:01PM
I agree and am aware reviewers in different countries set different levels - however I have knowledge of one for 11 was rejected and it was HQ that insisted on 9 on appeal - it was only through pressure from the reviewer that they (HQ) agreed to 10 for that particular one.
My suggestion of checking with the reviewer first was to ensure that that number (10) was going to be accepted otherwise a later rejection would only mean coming back here to get it changed, to say 9.
February 02, 2020 05:42PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8JM0K/48701

Please test and reply

The old checker is removed
February 02, 2020 06:43PM
Thanks for the info!
The checker works great! Actually had a time finding someone who didn't qualify for it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login