To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker needed for GC8QF2F

[Resolved] Checker needed for GC8QF2F
May 07, 2020 09:17PM
The challenge is to find eight caches for each of the following eight active geocache types.

Traditional

Multi

Unknown

Virtual

Letterbox Hybrid

Wherigo

Earthcache

Webcam

Conditions:

Up to three types must be found in a different U.S. state or territory (8 caches of up to three type within a specific state, the rest in any combination of states). For example, all 8 Multis in Florida, all 8 traditional in Maryland and all 8 Unknowns in California and the remaining eight caches of the other 5 types can be regardless of which state they are located (for example, I have 8 webcams in 6 states, so those would count for the challenge).

The District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, The U.S.V.I. and the Northern Mariana Islands do count as states for this challenge.

Events do NOT count as finds for this challenge.

Finder may substitute up to one U.S. state for a foreign state or province (Puerto Rico municipalities count as "states" on Project-GC, but they do not count as such for this challenge).

Thank you!
Re: Checker needed for GC8QF2F
May 07, 2020 11:36PM
Sorry, I'm not following what the conditions are intended to be. If I had 8 finds of each type in a single state of U.S.A., would that qualify? If I had one of each of the types in each of 8 states, would that count? If I had 8 finds of each type in New South Wales, would that count (that would be substituting only a single foreign state)?
May 08, 2020 12:06AM
Sorry for the confusion. I may have been trying too hard for this to be different. :)

This is the way I envision the breakdown of finds to claim the challenge::

Of the 8 types, all 8 finds of each of the first 3 of any type need to be in up to 3 different states. So the finder would need:
- 8 finds of Type A in State A
- 8 finds of Type B in State B
- 8 finds of Type C in State C or a foreign Country, State or Province

The remaining 5 types
- 8 finds of Type D total, regardless of country, state, or province.
- 8 finds of Type E total, regardless of country, state, or province.
- 8 finds of Type F total, regardless of country, state, or province.
- 8 finds of Type G total, regardless of country, state, or province.
- 8 finds of Type H total, regardless of country, state, or province.

Events don't count.

Territories (The District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, The U.S.V.I. and the Northern Mariana Islands) count as states, not foreign countries.

Puerto Rico municipalities count as "Puerto Rico", not as states like Project-GC counts them on the general statistics.

Believe me, it all makes sense in the context of the cache page.

Thanks!
May 08, 2020 01:09AM
Ah, I think I get it now. Here's a checker: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8QF2F/51084 . Please confirm it is suitable.

I would suggest rewording the conditions to change "Up to three types must be found in a different U.S. state or territory (8 caches of up to three type within a specific state, the rest in any combination of states)." to "Three types must each be found within a single U.S. state or territory. The other types can be found anywhere on Earth." I think that wording may be clearer.
May 08, 2020 02:23AM
Works like a charm! Thanks!

I will reword the requirements on the cache page as you suggest.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login