To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC8YDTJ - 1 unknown cache in three Australian counties

ZQX
[Resolved] GC8YDTJ - 1 unknown cache in three Australian counties
September 03, 2020 05:09PM
Hi Project-GC challenge checker volunteers,
I would like to request a challenge checker for GC8YDTJ, which has the following parameters:
At least one unknown cache in three (3) Australian Local Government Areas (equivalent to counties)
In other words, find a total of three caches of the unknown type, spread across at least three Australian counties.
That's it. This challenge is intended to be quite achievable for a person relatively new to geocaching.

I wonder if I could ask for the checker output to list county names and the count of unknown caches found by the user in each county, where the count is greater than zero. This is a nice-to-have aspect, and not essential. If possible, have the output sorted from highest count to lowest (descending order, to use Excel's terminology).
Thanks,
Max (ZQX)
Re: GC8YDTJ - 1 unknown cache in three Australian counties
September 03, 2020 05:52PM
Here is the link to a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8ZBFY/54287

Please test and reply
ZQX
September 03, 2020 06:13PM
Hey vogelbird,
That's very good indeed. I tested the checker against several cachers, local and international, and got the results I expected.
Thank you very much for your quick response. Feel free to move this thread to forum 11 because it's 100% complete!
Regards,
Max (ZQX)
ZQX
September 11, 2020 09:18AM
Hey, there's a problem with the checker which I didn't see until now.
The GC code for the cache is GC8YDTJ but the GC code in the checker is for some other cache. As a result the reviewer has rejected this cache.
Is this easy to fix? The GC code has to be GC8YDTJ in the URL path. Do I need to submit a separate request via forum 8?
Regards,
Max (ZQX)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login