To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Is checker technically possible

[Resolved] Is checker technically possible
October 19, 2020 06:36PM
I do not have a cache in place yet, as I need to wait until 2021 to gather enough data.

Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to make a checker that accounts for the stat of "Average Terrain Per Year"? Also, is it possible for checkers to reveal the hidden coordinates when you pass the checker?

I'd like to have a checker made later on that requires said geocacher to have have at least one year in their "Average Terrain Per Year" be a 3 or higher.

As far as I can tell the only rules I could have a problem with are #9 & #14. I'd think #9 wouldn't be too much a problem, since this isn't requiring any streaks, and you can cache whenever you want. #14 could pose a problem depending on how you approached the challenge; limiting yourself to reach the goal. But this isn't what the challenge asks for, and I've found a user meeting the requirements who found 2,253 caches in 2019 (see https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=6d5c0857-ae3c-45c4-9e50-b6b5e5969d6c).

Thanks in advance for the info.
Re: Is checker technically possible
October 19, 2020 09:29PM
A checker would be possible, but as you said it is not clear whether it would be allowed. Please check with your reviewer whether they would allow this challenge, then we can look at making a checker for it.
Re: Is checker technically possible
October 20, 2020 08:59PM
Hi, thank you for the information. I'll contact a reviewer in the future and make a new post back here if it is approved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login