To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] GC98AV3 - A Month of Multis Challenge (CHECKER REQUIRED)

[Resolved] GC98AV3 - A Month of Multis Challenge (CHECKER REQUIRED)
June 20, 2021 07:55PM
Challenge Checker required for the following. Thanks in advance!

The requirement of this challenge is to fill one month (any month) of your caching calendar with Multis. If you pick February, you must include Feb 29th.
Re: GC98AV3 - A Month of Multis Challenge (CHECKER REQUIRED)
June 20, 2021 08:55PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC98AV3/61558 but you are not allowed to ask for a cache on Febr. 29
The hiding guidelines are
2.12.9. Time-Limited

Not acceptable
Requiring finds on February 29th.

When you press a find date on the checker you can see which cache is used

Please test and reply
June 21, 2021 04:00AM
Thanks for the clarification on Feb 29th.

I ran the the checker and it seems to work just fine. Thanks very much for doing this for me!

Is there some standard code to cut and paste into the page to include this link?

Cheers,

Geoff
June 21, 2021 09:21AM
Use this procedure
1. Open the link as provided
2. Click on in the "link" button on the right
3. Copy the code for the third option and paste it into your cache description
(You might need to first click on the green button above the description to put it in the right mode.)
4. Save & preview and submit for publication once you're happy with it.

If you don't see the usual challenge check icon you might need to click the Source button above the cache description box before you paste the code.
June 21, 2021 03:28PM
Great, thanks for this information. Two more questions for you:
1. I notice that when the checker comes up, it shows "GC98AV3 - ? () ". I assume that the name of the cache ("A Month of Multis Challenge") should be included in this title somehow.
2. Can the statistics of this checker reset to zero before I publish the cache? If not, I think the second version of the checker link would be better to use for the first while until a few finds are made, and then maybe change to the 3rd version.

Cheers,

Geoff
June 21, 2021 03:50PM
1. Project-GC doesn't have access to unpublished caches hence the "?" you see there now. As soon as your challenge cache is published (or within a reasonable time thereafter), your cache name (and country where it resides) will be shown there
2. The counter can and will not be changed and when we issue a new checker it will be deleted by the checker system the next day. This is to avoid double checkers and also giving the volunteers extra work
June 21, 2021 06:16PM
Perfect. Thanks for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login