To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Hello :-) We need a 14 Icon Challenge GCA01W8

[Resolved] Hello :-) We need a 14 Icon Challenge GCA01W8
September 20, 2022 07:29PM
Hello, everyone. We had the opportunity to collect 14 icons on September 17th, 2022 through the GIGA Event in Essen / Germany and would like to create a challenge from them. Unfortunately, we have absolutely no idea how to create a checker, let alone add it to the listing. Now we have read that it is possible to make a request here in the forum. Our condition should be that the 14 icons should be logged on one calendar day. Is this even possible? We would be very happy if one of you would help us!
Kind regards Peggy and Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2022 07:30PM by peggy_thomas. (view changes)
Re: Hello :-) We need a 14 Icon Challenge GCA01W8
September 20, 2022 07:36PM
I'm sorry but it is not allowed to have a challenge criteria based on one day cacheing

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative.
September 20, 2022 08:05PM
Excuse me, but somehow I don't understand. With this cache for example: "GC2AHQA - Cache Challenge: 10-Icons-Day (Germany)" there is the same log condition only with 10 icons. There is also a checker for this. Why isn't it working for us? It would be very nice if you could explain that to me. Many greetings
September 20, 2022 08:08PM
GC2AHQA - Cache Challenge: 10-Icons-Day (Germany) is a legacy caches which was published before the introduction of the current guidelines

Note: At this time, challenge caches published prior to April 21, 2015 are legacy caches in the game. As with any legacy cache, Geocaching HQ may archive caches which become problematic.
September 20, 2022 08:16PM
OK. I understand. Do you have any idea how to create a suitable challenge that would be legal?
Many thanks for your efforts and your answers!
September 21, 2022 08:17AM
Good morning
As it is unfortunately not possible to tie the 14 Icon Challenge to one day. So we thought of something else. Would it be possible to get a checker that shows when 14 different icons have been found? Thank you for your understanding and your help. Kind regards Peggy and Thomas
September 21, 2022 08:54AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA01W8/71563

Please test and reply
September 21, 2022 09:19AM
Thanks very much! Yes it works!
Unfortunately, I'm a layman and I know how to add this link to the listing, but not how to link the Project-GC banner and integrate it into the listing :-( Can you tell me how to do that?
September 21, 2022 09:21AM
Use this procedure
1. Open the link as provided
2. Click on in the "link" button on the right
3. Copy the code for the third option and paste it into your cache description
(You might need to first click on the green button above the description to put it in the right mode.)
4. Save & preview and submit for publication once you're happy with it.

If you don't see the usual challenge check icon you might need to click the Source button above the cache description box before you paste the code.
September 21, 2022 09:55AM
Excellent! Everything works! We are very pleased. Is it possible to change the name of the checker? At the moment it says GCA01W8 - ? ()
The challenge should be called as follows: 14 Icon Challenge.
Is this still possible :-)
September 21, 2022 09:57AM
Project-GC doesn't have access to unpublished caches hence the "?" you see there now. As soon as your challenge cache is published (or within a reasonable time thereafter), your cache name (and country where it resides) will be shown there
September 21, 2022 10:01AM
Like I said... absolute beginner :-D
Thank you again.
Have a nice day
September 29, 2022 06:32AM
Hello Vogelbird. May I ask you again to make me a new checker? Unfortunately we are not allowed to use your 14 Icon Checker. The Reviewer's Note: Your challenge "Find 14 different types of geocache (icons)." unfortunately cannot be published, because not all cache types have a large number of caches available.
However, we are allowed to submit a 10 icon challenge.
ALLOWED:
Traditional
Multi
Unknown
Letterbox Hybrid
Whereigo
virtual
cam
Earthcache
event cache
CITO Event.
Would be great if you would make me a new checker for GCA01W8.
Many greetings
September 20, 2022 07:36PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2022 07:37PM by Foolie. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login