To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker Created for GCA0RNG

[Resolved] Checker Created for GCA0RNG
October 10, 2022 06:51PM
I'd like to have a checker created with the following requirements:

This is a "Month of EVENTS" Challenge and this mythical month has 31 days!
The Challenge is to list 31 caches of the EVENT variety

REQUIREMENTS
1) You need TWO events attend for every day of the month - dated the 1st through to the 31st.
2) They do NOT need to be from the same month, or the same year.
4) Every event MUST have been found in Iowa.
5) Events used CAN be archived.
6) You CAN use your own events as qualifying events.
7) You CAN use all published event types as qualifying events (Events, MEGA, CITO, Community Celebration, Geocaching HQ Block Party, Geocaching HQ Celebration, and Giga-Event Cache).
8) Events MUST be logged as day the actual event happened, not day after, etc.

Here is a checker for the One Event per day: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5MFYK/16348

I would like to have a checker created for TWO events per day.

Thank you!
Re: Checker Created for GCA0RNG
October 10, 2022 08:01PM
Please ask your reviewer if he would accept your conditions because we see that this kind of challenge is too often rejected.

If you ask by posting a reviewer note on the cache page, remember that you have to submit the cache for review for the reviewer to see your question
October 11, 2022 02:11PM
Here is the response from the reviewer:

"I can't find any criteria that says this cannot be published. However, I would like to know why other states did NOT publish it, so please share what you can.

A couple other notes... It will, of course, have to have a valid checker, and if the checker folks are reluctant to proceed without pre-checking it, then that tells me something is odd. I'd hate to publish it only to have HQ pull it later for non-compliance."

Are you able to give any additional information I can pass onto the reviewer?
October 11, 2022 03:50PM
I never had a good reason why some reviewers would not publish apart from the argument that you could not ask for two caches on a day.

Here is the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA0RNG/72031
which is based on hidden days because a lot of cachers are using the log date as attended day.
Also allows for owners as found

The output is not perfect because the date sequence is 1, 10 to 19, 2. 20 to 29, 3, 30, 31, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Please test and reply
October 12, 2022 12:44PM
Thank you. Works as requested.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login