To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] New checker for GCA18BF

[Resolved] New checker for GCA18BF
October 24, 2022 12:33AM
Hello, I have a challenge cache idea that needs a checker. If someone could create it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Challenge criteria: Log at least 4 webcam caches and have attended at least 4 different types of events (out of the 7 possible types- regular, CITO, CCE, Mega, Giga, Block Party, HQ Celebration)

So, for example: I have logged 8 webcams and have attended 4 different types of events (regular, CITO, CCE, and Mega).

Thank you!
Re: New checker for GCA18BF
October 24, 2022 03:07AM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA18BF/72289

Please test.

Note that I've excluded the GPS Maze because you didn't list it. However you may want to include it -- it is logged using the "Attended" log type. Up to you.
October 24, 2022 04:10AM
I didn't realize GPS Maze counted as an event (haven't had the opportunity to log one myself). Could you add it to the list?

Other than that, the checker worked great. Thank you!
October 24, 2022 12:44PM
Done!
October 24, 2022 12:52PM
Great, thank you again!
October 27, 2022 09:00PM
So, after some input from the reviewer, could I change up the criteria on this checker one more time? I need to remove the GPS Maze from the potential options, and change the minimum event type criteria from 4 to 3.

So, the new challenge criteria would be at least 4 webcams and 3 event types to qualify.
October 28, 2022 02:17PM
@Hügh - Maybe you missed this one

Can you attend to this
BTW Geocaching does not recognize "GPS Adventures Exhibit" as an event.

The events are normally
"Event Cache", "Cache In Trash Out Event", "Lost and Found Event Cache", "Mega-Event Cache", "Groundspeak Block Party", "Giga-Event Cache", "Groundspeak Lost and Found Celebration"
October 28, 2022 02:21PM
I fixed it last night; see:

https://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,66716

Just because Geocaching HQ doesn't recognize it as an event, it doesn't make it not an event. It is logged using the "Attended" log type, so I wanted to give OP the opportunity to include it -- ultimately, as CO, it is their prerogative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2022 02:22PM by Hügh. (view changes)
October 28, 2022 02:46PM
It's been resolved, sorry. I posted here first before I realized this thread was marked resolved. All good now!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login