To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] New checker request GCA2PWN Welsh County Church Micros

[Resolved] New checker request GCA2PWN Welsh County Church Micros
December 04, 2022 08:26PM
I have just set a Series of 6 Challenge Caches in South Wales and hope somebody might be kind enough to write a Checker for each of them. I asked a few days ago and was told that they should be possible, BUT I didn't specifically mention this one. I hope that it is possible, because Church Micros aren't an official cache type...

The Challenge for this one is to find at least one cache with the words "Church Micro" in the cache name in at least 75% of the Counties in Wales. So that is a Church Micro Find in 17 of the 22 Counties listed below:
Blaenau Gwent,Bridgend,Caerphilly,Cardiff,Carmarthenshire,Ceredigion,Merthyr Tydfil,Monmouthshire,Neath Port Talbot,Newport,Pembrokeshire,Powys,Rhondda Cynon Taf,Swansea,Torfaen,Vale of Glamorgan,Conwy,Denbighshire,Flintshire,Gwynedd,Wrexham,Ynys Mon

I hope this one will be possible, but will understand (and have to rethink) if it isn't.

I'm afraid I haven't a clue about coding, so can't do it myself.

Thankyou very much. 1 more to follow...
SamBryo
Re: New checker request GCA2PWN Welsh County Church Micros
December 04, 2022 10:14PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA2PWN/73327

Please test and reply
December 05, 2022 06:31AM
Thankyou very much for the 6 checkers that you so rapidly made, Vogelbird. Five of them work perfectly as hoped and I will use them on the cache pages. But this one did not do the check I had hoped for, probably because my request was unclear. The Script is for Size=Micro, but I need a checker for the cache name to include “Church Micro”. This is the one which I thought might not work, because I do not know whether it is possible to check on words in the name. If you were able to look again that would be very much appreciated.
Best wishes
SamBryo
December 05, 2022 10:54AM
Sorry for my misinterpretation but a “Church Micro” is no official geocaching type and can only be identified by the cache title. However it is not allowed to base a challenge on this criteria.
Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.

I have disabled the checker at the moment and await your reaction how to proceed
December 05, 2022 11:19AM
Thankyou very much again. I re-read the page this morning and was expecting your reply.

I need to think of one more challenge for 3/4 of Welsh Counties that I qualify for. Would it be possible to make a Checker asking for D3 or above on 17 of the 22 Welsh Counties? I can then easily modify my cache page.

I am sorry this is complicated!

Best wishes
Sam
December 05, 2022 11:52AM
The config is adjusted to D3 or more and the link is the same

Please test and reply
December 05, 2022 12:03PM
Fantastic! That works perfectly. Thankyou for doing this so quickly as well. Hugely appreciated!
Very best
SamB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login