To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Request for Challenge Checker GCA4MPW Tyrell Park [LNK Park Series]

[Resolved] Request for Challenge Checker GCA4MPW Tyrell Park [LNK Park Series]
February 10, 2023 06:20PM
Hello!

I am quite new to challenge caches and I'd like to hide my first one. I had everything in place and submitted for review when I was informed of some new requirements for Challenge Caches implemented in 2016.
I was hoping to have my challenge cache require cachers to find at least on cache (any type) in any capital city (I am based in Lincoln, Nebraska). I realize now that that would not be possible for Project-GC to track, right?
I am now refining my request to include the county that any capital city sits in. In Nebraska's case that would be Lancaster County. Is that possible? My challenge page would include a list of all 50 counties if that helps. Thanks for taking your time to work with me, thanks for volunteering and using your skills to further our great hobby! Looking forward to yours, anyone's feedback.
Happy caching!

173Carver
Re: Request for Challenge Checker GCA4MPW Tyrell Park [LNK Park Series]
February 10, 2023 06:24PM
173Carver
I was hoping to have my challenge cache require cachers to find at least on cache (any type) in any capital city (I am based in Lincoln, Nebraska). I realize now that that would not be possible for Project-GC to track, right?

Technically, it can be tracked. But unfortunately:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). Examples: user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.

But you can of course do counties:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA4MPW/75134

Please test.
February 11, 2023 07:11AM
Hügh! (and anyone else this may concern),

Thank you! That is incredible and so quick. The test was successful, I am so gruntled with it thank you.
Again, I am very new to this, what is my next step to incorporate this checker to my cache page?

I appreciate the help and happy caching!

173Carver
February 11, 2023 07:50AM
Hey,

Nevermind, I believe I found it, thanks again! Wish I had learned code when I was younger.

Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login