To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Help Tweak an Existing Checker (GC9F6WB)

[Resolved] Help Tweak an Existing Checker (GC9F6WB)
July 04, 2023 12:20AM
Hello,

We had a checker built some time back for GC9F6WB - JCCS - D/T Attribute Challenge! (Heifer).

The challenge requires you to basically complete a D/T loop of 81 caches using a different attribute for each D/T spot. The checker can be found here: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9F6WB/62642

Overall, it works well, but for some people it just doesn't. So, I can run the checker for me (GeoMonkeyTiger!) and it runs in just a couple of seconds. But other users try, and it never returns a result. It just times out. One such user is emcee1996

I know it's kind of a complicated checker, so it's possible nothing can be done, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to take a look and see if there was maybe something that was an easy fix that could be done that would allow it to run for everyone?

Currently, I would say it runs fine for about 85% of people. The rest just time out. I have had cases where someone times out and I just keep trying and eventually it runs, but we would love to make the checker experience easier for everyone. And this is a super-tough one to manually check...

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.
Re: Help Tweak an Existing Checker (GC9F6WB)
July 04, 2023 02:13AM
The problem here is likely that emcee1996 doesn't qualify. But the script doesn't know that, so it ends up searching through billions and billions of combinations for a solution that doesn't exist, and eventually just has to give up (or time out):

For you, you do qualify, so the script is able to easily identify that and quit early.

I will look around for an alternative script that is able to provide slightly more helpful output.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2023 02:14AM by Hügh. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login