To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] question about a stat based qualification qualifying for a challenge

[Resolved] question about a stat based qualification qualifying for a challenge
August 21, 2023 05:15PM
does this qualification follow guidelines? I've never seen a challenge using this state so I 'm asking before I write the challenge, an help would be appreciated

To qualify for this challenge your geocaching stats must show that beginning from the first day you started geocaching you have logged a found (minimally) an overall average of:

1 find per caching day (average of only days you cache)
1 find per day (average of caching and non-caching days)
7 finds per week (average of number of gcs you have found divided by weeks you have cached)
30 finds per month (average of number of gcs you have found divided by months you have cached)

For example: A beginner cacher could qualify by logging 1 gc a day for each day of one month.
-------------------------------------------------
I based this on this project-gc stat: which i don't really understand. eg is month 30 days or first of month through last day of each month
these are my stats:
Overall averages: 8.62 finds per caching day, 3.25/day, 22.77/week, 98.55/month
Re: question about a stat based qualification qualifying for a challenge
August 21, 2023 05:23PM
Hello LKLopez,

We are not Reviewers so it is not possible for us to give an authoritative verdict. But I suspect that your local Community Volunteer Reviewer will deny this Challenge on review, citing this guideline:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 14: Positive Challenge Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

For instance, Reviewers often cite this guideline to deny Challenges involving achieving a particular “DT average”.

I would suggest that you discuss this with your local Community Volunteer Reviewer.

Thanks,
Hügh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2023 05:55PM by Hügh. (view changes)
August 22, 2023 03:21AM
thanksI needed an unbiased opinion on this one
September 05, 2023 03:10AM
issue resolved thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login