To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker for GC7XMGX, "The Great Canadian 3,000 Metre Elevation Challenge"

[Resolved] Checker for GC7XMGX, "The Great Canadian 3,000 Metre Elevation Challenge"
September 14, 2018 07:37PM
Hi, I'm looking for a checker for GC7XMGX, "The Great Canadian 3,000 Metre Elevation Challenge"

Rules are as follows, and were confirmed to be good by reviewers:
1) Find or own a cache above a true elevation of 3,000 meters
2) The cache must be in Canada
3) The cache must be a traditional cache
4) Finds on archived caches count

What I would like the checker to do:

1) Allow any traditional cache in Canada above a Project GC elevation of 2,950 meters. The elevations in Project GC are slightly off from "true" elevations so the requirement must be reduced.

2) In addition to the above, also permit GCWEM1 "Fortress". Again, this cache must be added separately as there is an issue with the Project GC elevation vs. "true" elevation which is above 3,000 m.

3) Allow any finders of the above caches and the owners of the above caches to qualify for the challenge.

Thank you very much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2018 08:01PM by brendan714. (view changes)
Re: Checker for GC7XMGX, "The Great Canadian 3,000 Metre Elevation Challenge"
September 21, 2018 02:52PM
Hi PGC Checker makers!

I'm just curious about the status of a checker for this challenge? I have the cache in place, the page is ready to publish, I'm just waiting on a challenge checker.

If the rules above are too much of a pain to program, the rules for the checker could be as simple as follows:

Find or own any of the following caches: GC1607, GC3WZBN, GC3WCJW, GC5Z025, GC5Z8K1, GC328HV, GC4M207, GC5C1QT, GC1X0NW, GC5YJGJ, GC32PYH, GC1DRKG, GCWEM1

This of course is not a static list and could have additional caches added over time. But, if it's an easy way to make the checker maybe that's the best course of action.

Thank you, checker makers, for volunteering your time to make the game great for everyone! You are awesome!
Thanks!
September 22, 2018 06:49AM
I can create the checker shortly.
September 22, 2018 08:35AM
Here is the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7XMGX/37396

Please, test and tell us whether it is suitable for you.
September 22, 2018 03:50PM
This works perfectly, thank you very much! This post can be archived.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login