To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker for GC4A25F gives incorrect results

[Resolved] Checker for GC4A25F gives incorrect results
December 11, 2018 12:16PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4A25F/19545

the challenge is to find 10 pairs of caches with the same name. Alphanumeric characters should be case insensitive. e.g. "deer trail" should match "Deer Trail". But the checker is not treating uppercase and lower case letters the same. iceberrrrg is a good cacher to test for. He qualifies for this challenge per the GSAK macro but not the Checker. He found "deer trail" and "Deer Trail" and that is not showing up as one of his good pairs. along with other pairs. Can this be fixed? and while you are at it, can the LONG list of cache names without matches that is displayed when the cacher doesn't qualify be removed. That info adds nothing.
Re: Checker for GC4A25F gives incorrect results
December 11, 2018 02:35PM
I tried to change the checker but it remains case sensative so of the checker produced 2 false negatives out of 95 logged cachers.
Shall I remove the checker or leave it with the note
Please be aware that this checker is case sensitive. e.g. "deer trail" will not match "Deer Trail".

The long list if failed is removed
December 11, 2018 03:22PM
I'm surprised you can't fix this. simply change all alphabetic characters to upper case before comparing. Simple. But it you can't, then yes change the checker so that long list is remove, and add that note and I will add something to the cache text directing them to try the GSAK macro if the Checker tells them they don't qualify.
December 14, 2018 11:44AM
I am still waiting to hear back on this. Can it be fixed? Or not.
December 14, 2018 01:06PM
I left the script as it was and only changed the output, plus a remark on the checker
December 14, 2018 09:36PM
can you replace my checker with this checker? GC5F2HD/7477 (Got Duplicate Cache Names?)
With this checker, Capitalization does not matter. (deer trail matches Deer Trail). I will just remove my requirement #6 which states that special characters in the names can be ignored, and then my challenge will match the challenge requirements of this challenge cache. Thanks.
December 14, 2018 10:03PM
Here is the checker you asked for https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4A25F/38891

I was aware of this script but the problem is that this checker accepts 2 caches from the same owner
December 14, 2018 10:45PM
thank you so much. I will remove my requirement #7 also then to match what the other challenge has. I doubt it really mattered a lot, if at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login