To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Need checker for GC9VVN4

[Resolved] Need checker for GC9VVN4
November 05, 2022 07:39AM
Hi!!
I need a checker for a challenge where you need to fill in your fizzy grid with at least 9 of each of the following different cache types (trad, multi, mystery, earth, virtual, letterbox, wherigo, and event) plus at least 7 spots need to be filled in by webcams and the finds can be spread over years.
Thanks in advance!!!
Rod (scavengermonkeys)
Re: Need checker for GC9VVN4
November 06, 2022 11:01AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9VVN4/72623

Please test and reply
November 06, 2022 10:56PM
Sorry I guess I wasn’t clear. I will make it more specific. It should be a fizzy challenge where the 81 spots are filled up with 9 trads, 9 multis, 9 puzzles, 9 virtuals, 9 earthcaches, 9 letterbox, 9 events, 7 webcams and 11 wherigos which adds up to 81. Is it possible to do a checker like that? I think I saw one where it was9 of each of those 9 types but I don’t have enough webcams to do that so I bumped up one of the other types I have plenty of.
Thanks in advance!!
November 07, 2022 10:01AM
I removed my tag but I cannot find a solution for your request

Maybe somebody else can tag this or write a special script
November 22, 2022 02:15AM
I'm working on an uber-generic fizzy checker, and trying to use that checker script to solve this one... but it claims that you have only 8 event DTs, and thus, it can't find a solution. Are you meaning to lump in all event types into 'event' caches?
November 22, 2022 04:20AM
Hi!!
Sorry but I must have miscounted. I would be OK with lumping all event types in but alternatively I will be attending a regular event on December 3 that is a D1.0/T3.0 which would give me 9 so I’m OK with waiting another 12 days too to log that one and letting you know.
Is it OK to wait until then?? Thanks for all of your help!!
Rod
November 22, 2022 04:05PM
Actually just use any events as that will probably make it easier for you. Thanks so much!!!
December 05, 2022 04:21AM
TL;DR:
I've gotten my generic fizzy checker to a point where it should successfully determine whether somebody has passed your proposed challenge. Here's your the checker (says you pass - with the events all lumped together - and I don't - boohoo):
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9VVN4/73335

---
I've created a new script for this, with aims to be a completely generic fizzy checker. It's essentially a very generic version of this 9x9 fizzy type checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges//28657?edit&addTag&tagId=28657

However, with this one you can specify criteria other than types, and you are not locked to '9' per criteria. For example, you could do a fizzy checker with different sizes - eg. you requiring 20 micro/small/regular/large. The criteria don't need to add to 81, and if there is overlapping criteria, then it also can sum to more 81 (although, challenges that try that sound confusing). In addition, you can use functions inside the script to generate new fields, and base criteria on those. Like in this one - the 'type_group_events" function was used to turn all event types into the value 'Events' for the type field.

I'm also planning to have this script to support multiple fizzy requirements. Eg. a challenge where you need a fizzy of types and a fizzy of sizes. While it's in the code already, I haven't tested it fully. In the current script, I think it will potentially return the same cache in multiple fizzies, which is probably not what most challenges would want.
December 05, 2022 06:05AM
Thanks so much!!!!!!!
The checker works great so this request can be archived now.
May 09, 2023 04:00AM
Hi!!
Unfortunately I wasn’t allowed to go ahead with this challenge as the reviewer heard later that there shouldn’t be challenges based on different terrain ratings for event caches so I need to take out events. Instead, it should be a fizzy challenge where the 81 spots are filled up with 10 trads, 10 multis, 10 puzzles, 11 virtuals, 11 earthcaches, 11 letterboxes, 7 webcams and 11 wherigos which adds up to 81.
If this change can be made that would be great. Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!
Rod (scavengermonkeys)
May 09, 2023 07:40AM
bmuzzin has been asked to look at this
May 23, 2023 01:55PM
Hi bmuzzin!
If you could look at this that would be great. Thanks in advance!!
Rod (scavengermonkeys)
May 31, 2023 04:02PM
Hi - didn't see this until now. I updated the checker with the new numbers, but it seems to timeout for you... probably because you are "on the cusp" of passing, it's going to need an optimization pass obviously. Stay tuned...
May 31, 2023 09:07PM
This is very interesting. The checker works right away for people that aren't even close and it shows that they don’t qualify. It also gave the thumbs up and worked perfectly for someone I knew that easily passed but it still took 30 seconds to get a response. However, it seems to time out for anyone that is close.
Thanks for all of your help and I will wait to hear back from you
June 09, 2023 01:06AM
Sorry for the long delay... I think it works reasonably within the time limit. Your check now resolves in 2-5 seconds, even though you are 'close'. I can't guarantee that if you were even closer (eg. you had something ridiculous like only 11 trad/unknown/multi DTs) that it would resolve within the timeout... but, if somebody complains, just let me know and I'll look at it again.

Cheers,
bmuzzin
June 09, 2023 01:47PM
Thanks so much!! The checker works great so you can archive this one for good now.

Rod (scavengermonkeys)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login