To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] 2 checkers for GC5MHWK with different results

[Resolved] 2 checkers for GC5MHWK with different results
November 23, 2022 01:21PM
Was checking this challenge tonight.... GC5MHWK
There are two what read to be the same checker... but one is green the other red...
Mountian Goat
Re: 2 checkers for GC5MHWK with different results
November 23, 2022 01:42PM
One checker looks for the whole word "challenge", so a cache title including "challenged" isn't counted. Likely one needs to be deleted but the CO isn't clear which they want in the cache description.

@vogelbird - these are all tagged by you, please adjust as necessary.
November 23, 2022 03:33PM
The two checkers are there because it is not clear to me what the intention of the CO is.

Did he want to catch real challenges or does he only allowe caches with the word challenge.

The caches with the word ChallegED are real challenges.

Nowadays we would use the "Challenge cache" attribute but this does not fit the listing at the moment.

I think that the CO (geocat_) has to decide
November 23, 2022 03:53PM
I will ask CO.
November 23, 2022 09:50PM
When presented with the following options,

(a) Find 100 Mystery caches with the exact word "Challenge" in the title (so, "Challenged" or "Challenging" would not count.)
(b) Find 100 Mystery caches with the string "Challenge" in the title (so, "Challenged" or "Challenging" would count.)
(c) Or, to change the challenge entirely, find 100 Mystery caches with the new "Challenge cache" attribute set.

The CO says they intended option (b).
November 24, 2022 12:36PM
I have adjusted https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5MHWK/10258 and 10257 is removed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login