The queue for refreshing geocache data is unusually long. The servers are working on catching up. Meanwhile our data might not be as fresh as normal.

To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Cache types in Counties request

[Resolved] Cache types in Counties request
November 25, 2022 10:15PM
Hello.
I'm planning a set of 5 Challenge Caches based on finding different Cache types in at least 3/4 of Welsh Counties. As far as I can see in the rules this is OK, but before I waste anyone's time requesting multiple Checkers I wonder whether it's possible for somebody to write one checker to cover all 5, or whether I need to request one for each, or whether it can't be done.
There are 22 Counties in Wales as used by Project-GC. Some of them don't have an EarthCache or even a Multi available, so I can't Challenge people to find each Cache type in every county, so that's why I have chosen 3/4 (there's also a bit of a Rugby link).
If somebody was able to write a Script for the Checker/Checkers I can produce the necessary list of Counties, all of which are in two Regions of Great Britain.
Many thanks
SamBryo
Re: Cache types in Counties request
November 26, 2022 05:08AM
Such a script already exists. See for instance https://project-gc.com/Challenges//73103, which is configured for 4 types in each of 15 Welsh counties.

Please respond with all the checkers you want (GC code, #types, #regions) and I will make them.
Re: Cache types in Counties request
November 26, 2022 08:23AM
That's brilliant, and a great relief. Diolch yn fawr Hügh. I will place the caches where planned, write the cache pages, and then send requests with the correct GC numbers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login