To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Checker needed - GCAKXQM - Triple Fizzy Challenge

[Resolved] Checker needed - GCAKXQM - Triple Fizzy Challenge
March 21, 2024 10:49PM
*First time for submitting*
From cache page: Variety is the spice of life, but it also makes for a fun Fizzy grid. To qualify for this challenge, 1) you must fill your Fizzy grid using each of these 9 types of caches 9 times each: Traditional, Mystery, Multi-cache, Earthcache, Wherigo, Letterbox hybrid, Virtual, Event, and any type geocache that has a minimum of 10 favorite points. That's the easy part!

2) You also need to complete one cache type Fizzy Grid (Traditional, Mystery, Multi-cache, Earthcache, Wherigo, Letterbox hybrid, Virtual, or Event).

3) You also need to complete one Fizzy for a minimum of 10 Favorite Points in each grid square.

Your output should look something like this:

Ideally, this will be three fizzy grids showing the output. I can't find the checker that I used to build the cache page, but it also allows one of the fizzy's. This challenge uses three.
Re: Checker needed - GCAKXQM - Triple Fizzy Challenge
March 22, 2024 09:35PM
Hi there -

We've been discussing this (internally) and it seems like no script we've got hits all three conditions simultaneously. We've got one that can do #1+#3, and one that can do #2+#3. I've got a plan to do some script combination, to handle this, but it will probably be a few days until I get to that.

Cheers,
bmuzzin
March 23, 2024 03:06PM
Yeah, I think the one I sampled, did only two. Thank you for your efforts! I'm not in a big hurry, so when it comes it comes.
March 26, 2024 01:16AM
Hi there -

I think I've successfully integrated the two scripts... I tested you and me, we both pass, as well as somebody that doesn't (and they fail - output is really verbose if you fail... but, maybe that's helpful?):

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKXQM/86752

Test it out and let us know.
March 26, 2024 09:08PM
THANK YOU!!! Yes, I think it works, and does have a lot of information in it. I found the cache that was my inspiration for this challenge. GC858X9 I probably should have found this when I submitted my request, sorry. The output from this script seems a little more graphic and I think easier to work with. Still a lot of information if you qualify or if you don't.

I'll be very happy to run with what you have created for me, unless it's pretty easy to update with this new information. Please advise. I thank you for all you do for the game, and do not want to put an unnecessary burden on your efforts.
March 26, 2024 09:21PM
So, the output between that one and this one is pretty similar, as far as I see. the only difference from the top output from the one you linked and the new one, is that the new one prints a link inside the table to the cache that it chose for that square... I could make it not do that - although I find it useful/interesting to be able to click on a square and get a link to the cache that is the qualifier. If you want the output changed, that's fine, just be very specific about what you'd like to have changed.
March 26, 2024 09:40PM
Please stand by. I didn't realize that when using your checker. Let me check that out.
Thank you.
March 26, 2024 09:45PM
Okay, I didn't realize that was a link. Yes, that is kind of a cool feature to this script. I like it!!! I'm going to run with the one you created and thank you very much for your efforts. Happy Trails! Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login