To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[New script required] Utah Delorme Challenge (GCYXXZ)

[New script required] Utah Delorme Challenge (GCYXXZ)
May 06, 2017 02:57AM
I did a search for this and it brought back four previous requests which have all apparently been archived and only the first few lines of the request were shown so I couldn't get the full "gist" of why there is no such checker. Can someone explain why this can't be done?
Re: Utah Delorme Challenge (GCYXXZ)
May 06, 2017 06:48AM
There are problems getting hold of the coordinates, please read http://project-gc.com/forum/read?10,8564
May 09, 2017 10:54PM
Another problem is that there appears to be atleast two different overlays at this time. The cache allows any edition of the delorme book to be used. A quick review of the images in the logs should show this.

A new script will need to be developed that can handle multiple overlays.
June 22, 2017 07:26PM
I was able to get two Delorme Challenge checkers provided for Minnesota by supplying the grid coordinates.
I used excel to generate the coordinate table.
Utah should be easy since it has no inset areas. All of the rectangles appear to be the same size.
I might still have a spreadsheet that can help setup the file required for the Utah checker.

If someone will contact me at Kaching.khoda@gmail.com I can forward the excel file and explain how it works.
June 22, 2017 07:29PM
Howdy

Two utah delorme books are sitting on my desk.. I need to write the script so they can both be entered into one script. Have two possibly disagreeing checkers can create confusion. It would be nice to minimize that.

It is on my to do but other obligations are dominating at this time.

Also thanks for the heads up that there is another state we may want to do this with.
June 22, 2017 07:51PM
Minnesota is already completed. Wasn't suggesting that there was another state.
Utah 2011 has pages 9 - 63. I don't have a copy of the other printing.
I read your cache page and realize that it has a number of conditions not allowed under the new guidelines.

The spreadsheet is simple to use. Enter the coordinates as given for each page in degrees minutes seconds.
The formulas are already setup to provide the correct format for each page. I have included page 9 of 2011 as an example. You select the rows in column AA and post here.
You need to make sure the format I have included here is correct for Utah.

"U9":{"rect":[41.35000,42.10000,-113.51667,-114.18333]},
June 22, 2017 07:53PM
So why does Minnesota need two checkers?
June 22, 2017 08:02PM
Two Minnesota Delorme additions 6th addition and 7th addition. We also have two Delorme challenges.
GC38GJ3 and GCTVMK
I don't see why you can't have a link to 2 checkers added to your cache page and let the finder try both and list in his log which one he used.

Another link to view is http://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,2619
This is my communication with vogelbird
July 01, 2017 09:36PM
Temporarily, there is a checker for the First Edition online at
project-gc.com/Challenges/GCYXXZ/26375

This will be going away after the code to support multiple editions is written.
July 01, 2017 09:44PM
I think the question remains. Is there anything I can do short of creating the coordinate table. The spreadsheet mentioned earlier shortens the process. I am willing to share it and provide coaching on its use.
July 01, 2017 10:44PM
Temporarily a check for the 10th edition copyright 2017 is online at
http://project-gc.com/Challenges//27368

Between these two, All the recent finders qualify except for one who only has 20 finds.

Work is ongoing to merge them into a single checker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2017 10:45PM by sloth96. (view changes)
July 01, 2017 11:04PM
I see that the checker is complete. I will unfollow this post.
December 13, 2017 07:35PM
New York will also benefit from this. The challenge allows multiple different delorme versions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login