To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Challenge Checker Request - GC73KFN

[Resolved] Challenge Checker Request - GC73KFN
May 29, 2017 02:49AM
GC73KFN - Romeo Bravo: BaBBB Red Baron Challenge: Not the 20

requirements:
- may NOT use your own cache(s) or event(s)
- 366 calendar dates filled in (from any year)
- to include:
-- 1 Mega event
-- 1 Webcam cache
-- 5 Wherigo caches
-- 5 CITO event caches
-- 10 Virtual caches
-- 15 EarthCaches
-- 20 Letterbox Hybrid caches
-- 25 Multi caches
-- 30 Event caches
-- 35 Unknown/Mystery/Challenge caches
-- NO MORE THAN 40 Traditional caches (don't need to have even 1)
(1 each calendar date - allows you to get as many caches each day you cache, but you may only choose 1 per day to be applied to the challenge, and must fill all 366 days.)
(This means there are 147 dates with specific requirements, and the other dates may be filled in with any non-traditional cache, with up to 40 days using traditional caches. The goal is to fill the calendar with non-traditional caches of many types. It leaves a bit of leeway for days one misses getting a non-traditional.)

Yes, I qualify.
Yes, I also completed the 20 challenge ( GC39NG7 ) for which there is no checker. (This doesn't require benchmarks, although I wish it still could.)
I do believe MacFive qualifies as well. I also have a few friends who are working on this and may qualify already or are very close to doing so.

Thank you and please ask if there are questions!
Re: Challenge Checker Request - GC73KFN
May 29, 2017 09:48AM
This request requires a new (special?) script but before I mark the as a "new script required" ask your reviewer is if this kind of challenge is acceptable. I had a somewhat simalar challenge cache not acceptated by my local reviewer.
May 29, 2017 01:45PM
I have submitted the cache for review and have left a note requesting our reviewer to respond regarding whether the cache is acceptable so I can let you know to go forward with a checker. Will keep you apprised.

Thank you for your interest in furthering this cache. *smiles* It's been "in the works" since Before the change to challenges and there are a few local cachers waiting for me to finally "get 'er done" and release it for them to sign. *grins*
Others in our area either qualify or are close... LadyCache, gyouareyou, Monty12, TeamDAAK, BTCO., and possibly a few others. So I know it can be accomplished (by more than just me) which is part of the requirements for a challenge locally. If/when you get to writing a script for this, I don't know if you look for cachers to test what you are writing, but those are a few names you can plug in to try. Thank you for your help!
May 30, 2017 06:48AM
okay, Reviewer is looking at it and might require a couple of adjustments.
He responded as though it's a streak (it's not).
Is it true that we can't require Feb. 29 anymore for filling the calendar? I might have to adjust that; you probably know the answer? I get that we can't require Feb. 29 for a streak, but what about for filling calendar?
Also, any comments about terrain rating? I know there were changes, but have you seen requests for D/T 5/5 come across where this is due to overall difficulty of the challenge requirements? Looking for input here, won't use any comment you make against my reviewer, as I am not one to cause trouble, but the time/effort required for this... Your thoughts greatly appreciated.
In the meantime... if it's any help, I've completed a bookmark list due to a catch-22... you want the reviewer to okay the listing and the reviewer wants proof I qualify. So I made a list. Here's the link.
https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=658e7666-c2e5-4c80-a324-add093414a83
Thank you!! *polite smiles*
May 30, 2017 03:42PM
As far I can understand there are two questions
1.) Febr. 29, This visiting date is not require with those challenges because somebody missing febr. 29 has only 1 opportunity in 4 years to fulfill the requirement. The view is that this date makes the challenge time limited.
Not acceptable - Requiring finds on Leap Day. (9. Time-Limited of https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206)
2.) The D/T rating of the challenge, The guidelines state the following:
We recommend that the difficulty rating be based on the challenge, the terrain rating on the challenge cache location. (new 2016)
May 31, 2017 05:43PM
Okay, thank you.
(1) Feb. 29:
I've changed the language to state
"Per the new rules (geocaching.com as of 2016), leap day may be excluded. You Must include the other 365 days on your calendar, and at the discretion of the cacher fulfilling this challenge, you May include leap day for a total of 366 days, but you may not use leap day at the exclusion of one of the other 365 days in the year."
and
"You are Not required to find a cache on leap day for this challenge. However, should you choose to do so, you still need the other 365 days, for a total of 366 days. Thus, some of you may qualify with 365 days and others with 366 days."
(2) The word "Recommend" is being used here. Guess I'll wait & see how the reviewer responds for that item.
Thank you!
July 10, 2017 06:16PM
Is there any update from your reviewer?
July 24, 2017 05:20PM
Sorry, was ill, then had to validate e-mail (again & again & again)...
Thank you for your patience, and for your help!!!
---------------------------------
made a few changes (see below) and now, finally we're on the same page and the reviewer has sent me the following:
"After much consideration and even though I believe that your cache description may still be confusing to some geocachers, once you have a working challenge checker that shows you and other nearby cachers meet the requirements of the challenge, unless Groundspeak tells me different, I should be able to publish your cache.

I am going to disable this cache again until you have a working checker. Please enable the cache again once you have a working challenge checker."
-------------------------------------
I've updated the page per his request to read:
So, what do you really need? 11 cache icons, 365 days, as follows. Ok, you only need 10 icons, but you're allowed an 11th!

This is a 365-day Non-Traditional Calendar Challenge. You need to have Non-Traditional Cache finds (one or more per day) on 365 different calendar days, any year, and those finds include at least:"

1 or more Mega Event Caches (or more)
1 or more Webcam Caches (or more)
5 or more Whereigo Caches ** (or more)
5 or more CITO Event Caches calendar dates ** (or more)
10 or more Virtual Cachescalendar dates ** (or more)
15 or more EarthCaches calendar dates ** (or more)
20 or more Letterbox Hybrid Cachescalendar dates ** (or more)
25 or more Multi Caches calendar dates ** (or more)
30 or more Event Cachescalendar dates ** (or more)
35 or more Unknown/Mystery/Challenge Caches calendar dates ** (or more)
****** Up to but No More Than 40 ****** Traditional Caches

One cache per day may be applied to the challenge. If you find two non-traditional caches one day, choose which you're going to "count."

This means that 147 dates have specific requirements, the rest are up to you, but no more than 40 Traditionals may be applied.

You are Not required to find a cache on leap day for this challenge. However, should you choose to do so, you still need the other 365 days, for a total of 366 days. Thus, some of you may qualify with 365 days and others with 366 days.

Oh, yes, if you want to, you can use All Non-Traditionals and not have a single Traditional in your calendar...
October 09, 2017 02:12AM
vogelbird,
reviewer has said "once you have a working challenge checker that shows you and other nearby cachers meet the requirements of the challenge, unless Groundspeak tells me different, I should be able to publish your cache."

I know you're busy and doing this from the goodness of your heart... just wondering if you saw my last message and if this is something you (or someone) is working on?

thanks! *smiles*
October 09, 2017 08:56AM
Your request was marked for the scriptwriters since the 24th of july but so far nobody came up with a solution
November 05, 2017 03:41PM
It's nice challenge, I like it.
I'll try to adapt one of my scripts for it.
Please stand by.
November 05, 2017 05:14PM
Very cool. I have a friend, MacFive, who has an Excel macro she used to check... would that be helpful?
November 06, 2017 11:39AM
no, it cannot help me.
I have exact idea about the procedure, however it requires some hour of coding
November 09, 2017 10:17PM
GC1ZFYN - Iowa Well Rounded Cacher https://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,14034 is somehow similar combination solving problem. Do you think that your idea could always find the solution in allowed time limit?
November 13, 2017 07:17AM
so you are saying it isn't possible to run in 30 seconds and that is the time limit allowed?
November 13, 2017 08:59AM
In rare case the checker can go in timeout and give a false negative. However it reports this case. I have several checker of this type.

I hope that Ill finish it this week
November 13, 2017 09:06AM
However... for new challenges challenge cache may be disabled or archived if the associated challenge checker does not work properly.

Challenge checker requirements:
- The challenge checker must verify that a player does or does not qualify to log a challenge cache as found.

There is no option for "no answer" :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 09:07AM by arisoft. (view changes)
December 09, 2017 04:49AM
This was hard. Old tricks did not work.

Anyway, here is one checker for testing while jpavlik is finishing another.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC73KFN/30636

Please tell us are you going to use any checker at all 8-)
December 09, 2017 08:24AM
Wow! This is amazing! As far as I can tell, looking at some cachers who've been working on the challenge, this works great! Yes, I think this works well and will use it, thank you so very much!!!!
December 09, 2017 10:58AM
great work, arisoft

I've modified your script adding graphical output, please try it here
https://project-gc.com/Challenges//30651
If you like it, please put my modify to the your script.
The modified and added code is from line 226 to 286.
December 09, 2017 01:36PM
First I didn't see any difference because I tried with failing users.
I am still doing some streamlining to the script and I will add this graphical calendar both to qualified and to partially qualified output.
December 09, 2017 04:22PM
This was a very quick patch and now it works only for fulfilled challenge, i.e. for stargazingwoman. You can adapt it also for not fulfilled challenges, simply add link to some image for missing dates. Or you can leave empty cells, maybe filling it with red or yellow color.
You can also simplify the table with links to images - I've got it from another checker where I've need some more information. Here you need only the link.

regards
Jet
December 09, 2017 05:49PM
I added the calendar table to the script but currently all checker scripts are giving error, so nothing is visible until the underlying problem is solved.

[edit] Problem solved and it is running again.

ps. Checker is using this original requirement: "- may NOT use your own cache(s) or event(s)"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 06:36PM by arisoft. (view changes)
December 10, 2017 04:28PM
The calendar is wonderful
Can you tell me, I am surprised that Monty12 fails by 1 day on October 28... is that correct?
December 10, 2017 04:47PM
0000-10-28: Limited

Limited means that there is some finds but none of them can be used. All allowed 40 traditionals are already in use. I think that this is the 41th traditional only day. I tried with 41 allowed traditional and then Monty12 qualifies and with 0 allowed traditional there is 41 days missing.
December 10, 2017 11:20PM
Perfect! I spoke with her today and she confirmed that. She will get a nontraditional on one of her December traditional days and then she will qualify.
I am going to post the link to the cache page and get this back to the reviewer with names of people who qualify. Hopefully the cache can go live soon.
You have been a great help, all of you, and I appreciate everything you've done from coding to answering questions; you have made me very happy.
Sending thank you from my caching heart!
I couldn't have done it without your help, thank you!
December 11, 2017 07:27AM
Both of these give the same results?
Am I missing something?
Does it matter which I use?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login