To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Resolved] Challenge Checker GC76GD7 Find 50 of the top 100 Favorited Caches in the US

Seeking a checker for finding 50 of the top 100 favorite point caches in the United States.
The output should be a list of the 100 caches and highlight the found caches and list the total number of them that have been found.
Re: Challenge Checker GC76GD7 Find 50 of the top 100 Favorited Caches in the US
May 31, 2017 02:07AM
Unfortunately, the checker system does not have access to a list of caches with the most favourite points.
hmm. How does this checker do it?

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4XF2K/7915
May 31, 2017 06:03AM
Is this the checker you are looking for http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC76GD7/26754
That's it. Should archived caches be included in the list? Trying to decide if that fits the guidelines. Any thoughts would be welcome.

It shows 95 entries in the output, is that due to a limit on the amount of text output or something else?
May 31, 2017 05:06PM
I have contacted the script writer for him the address your question
May 31, 2017 05:10PM
I need to take a. Closer look at the 95 issue.

Including archived caches is consistent with the guidance we have been getting from reviewers. This is the result of the past finds must count guideline.
The past finds makes sense. It gave 95 results for me so I ran it with another local cacher who inspired the challenge and they get 99 caches in the list. Their account is GR8Caches so you can look.
May 31, 2017 07:01AM
Sorry, I'd looked through the API and missed that function. Thanks vogelbird for tagging.
June 01, 2017 12:38AM
I understand what is going on and this is going to need to be escalated.

The GetFavorites API call that we use can only return 100 caches. This means that any disabled or archived caches get filtered out for printing the table. However we need them in the list to see if a finder has found them. At this time there is no way of making multiple calls to build a list larger than 100 in the API call because there is no max favorite points option to get the second batch of 100.

This will be raised in the appropriate developers forum.
June 01, 2017 12:52AM
This has been posted to the developer forum and escalated to support. While this is against protocol, (it is supposed to sit in the forum for discussion) there is a short term stop gap suggested and a long term fix possible.

This will need to wait until this is resolved at the higher project-gc levels.

Apologies for the delay. You are the first to want this deep a number of favorites.
June 01, 2017 12:56AM
Awesome. Thank you for all the work. No worries about the time. It is always fun to be the one pushing the envelope. If I had done the 25 of 50 we wouldn't be having this discussion but the top 100 list was so much more interesting(and I qualified) so it got bumped up.

Again thank you for all the work on this. Everyone who volunteers their time for this is amazing.
June 29, 2017 05:19PM
Howdy

The checker API has been updated so this should be a quick fix. Hopefully this weekend will have time for me to check that we can satisfy your goals with this one.
June 30, 2017 10:54PM
This should be good to go.

My account went from 95 to 100 with the increased limit.
June 30, 2017 11:03PM
Awesome. Looks good. Now to go to the review process when I return from holiday.

Thank you very much for the work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login