To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker required for GCAKZBW

[Awaiting feedback] Checker required for GCAKZBW
April 16, 2024 06:28AM
Hi!! Would someone please be able to create a checker for me? I’m hoping to publish my first challenge that requires the following:

5 x DT 5/5 combo finds

5 x loops

5 x five different types that equal 5 in the DT combo

5 x challenges in 5 different states

5 x finds in different countries

If the 5 different type that add up to DT of five is confusing, I can attach a pic to explain further. Feel free to ask any questions, and thank you in advance
April 16, 2024 10:09AM
"5 x five different types that equal 5 in the DT combo" is indeed confusing. Please explain
April 16, 2024 09:17PM
Hi Vogelbird

Thanks for your prompt response. Is there a way I can send you a picture without needing a url? It would explain it easily.

In the meantime, here is an example:
A cacher has found a trad, a puzzle, a virtual, a multi and a letterbox that all have a DT of 1.5/3.5. The total of each DT is five. The total number of cache types is five.

They need to do this for five out of the seven DT combos that add up to a total of five. These are: 1/4, 1.5/3.5, 2/3, 2.5/2.5, 3/2, 3.5/1.5 and 4/1.

As a base for my own I used the challenge checker for GC8G04H, the DTT Challenge. There is a few of these challenges and the script used was created by Arisoft. I hope this helps to clarify. Thanks again for your help.

Natalie - AtTheLakeHouse

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2024 09:55PM by AtTheLakeHouse. (view changes)
April 23, 2024 12:08PM
Sorry for the late return but somehow I missed you responce
Here is the link to a checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKZBW/87611

Please test and reply
April 23, 2024 12:33PM
Hi again!

Your work is very much appreciated. But doesn’t seem to include all the cache types, just the ones given as an example. Would you please be able to add in the rest? Most particularly Earth Caches, WhereIGo’s, Events and CITO’s.

Other than that it looks pretty right to me. Would I be right in assuming there’s no issue with the other four challenge requirements? Again, thank you for taking this on.
April 23, 2024 01:13PM
Types restriction removed
April 23, 2024 01:25PM
Thank you, that works
April 23, 2024 01:44PM
AtTheLakeHouse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi!! Would someone please be able to create a
> checker for me? I’m hoping to publish my first
> challenge that requires the following:
>
>
> 5 x DT 5/5 combo finds
>
> 5 x loops
>
> 5 x five different types that equal 5 in the DT
> combo ✅
>
> 5 x challenges in 5 different states
>
> 5 x finds in different countries

Hi Vogelbird

Resolved? The checker only has one the five qualifying criteria in the program.
April 23, 2024 02:46PM
Back to the drawing board. Please clarify the 5 loops (DT or Hidden calendar)
April 23, 2024 03:54PM
Pending your answer I made a new checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAKZBW/87619

In this checker 5 x DT 5/5 combo finds and 5 x loops do not make sence because 5 loops will give you 5 DT 5/5 combo's
April 23, 2024 09:35PM
Oh my goodness - yes. Sorry!!! You are right, I did mean DT loops.

And yeah… it is silly to have 5 x D5/T5 finds as well. Can I please make that requirement to have hidden a 5/5 cache themselves or hosted 5 events.

Again, your assistance is very much appreciated ☺️
April 23, 2024 11:07PM
I'm sorry but the new criteria is not allowed

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Not acceptable
Requiring cachers to own a cache.
April 23, 2024 11:11PM
Oh!!! Let’s keep it simple then do this can get finalised. Make it 5 find on the 5th of May (any year). Thank you Vogelbird
April 23, 2024 11:28PM
I will submit the challenge for publishing on 5th May after I have hosted an event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2024 12:48AM by AtTheLakeHouse. (view changes)
April 24, 2024 03:00AM
Again not allowed

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative.
April 24, 2024 08:11AM
Oh wow! That’s confusing. I have re-read the rules and have refreshed my brain. So if I understand right, I can require a finder to have attended at least one event in five different Australian states or territories? Fingers crossed, and that is the final criteria. Thanks for your patience.
April 24, 2024 09:04AM
I adjusted the checker, please test
April 24, 2024 09:26AM
Yay!! Success. Thank you very much for your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login