To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Is this possible?

[Cancelled] Is this possible?
June 05, 2017 11:40AM
I'd like to set up a challenge which requires finding x Challenge caches.

Using the search of mystery caches and the word challenge would of course include some of the older caches which weren't actually challenge caches.

My idea then would be to find x Challenge caches that had the project gc checker which of course is a current requirement for new caches. If this can be done, I'll create the challenge and formally request a script.

Many thanks

Titus

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 11:46AM by Titus Adduxas. (view changes)
Re: Is this possible?
June 05, 2017 12:35PM
That will not work there is a script that marks "Unknown Caches" which are not challenge caches.

And the guidelines states
Challenge cache criteria must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com such as on the statistics page, cache placement dates, types, attributes, souvenirs, etc.
June 05, 2017 12:52PM
Although searching for caches using their name is forbidden nowadays, I think that rule was designed to stop the various alphabetical challenges. Would it be possible to set the challenge to find x challenge caches but in the script use the search for the word challenge. I know that this would include some non challenge caches but maybe that would be OK.

If not I guess it would only be possible if groundspeak alloyed a different icon to challenge caches which I think is unlikely!
June 05, 2017 03:39PM
Cache names are expressly forbidden in the criteria.lookong for the word challenge would violate that.
June 05, 2017 03:43PM
OK No Problem - Thanks anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login