To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Need New Checker for GC7NYQY-Creature of Habit Challenge Cache

[Cancelled] Need New Checker for GC7NYQY-Creature of Habit Challenge Cache
May 01, 2018 06:31PM
Hi,

I have a challenge cache I'm submitting and need a challenge checker for it.

Requesting a challenge checker to confirm the user has at least 100 finds from 8 different cache owners. This data is already available on the Project-GC.com Profile Stats page (under Finds By Owner), but if/when my challenge is approved, I'll need a checker to confirm.

Apologies if I didn't submit this quite right, it's my first request for a checker.

Patrick
May 01, 2018 07:00PM
I'm sorry the challenge you are poposing is no longer allowed under the current guidelines

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
May 01, 2018 07:26PM
Granted, I didn’t provide the whole cache page write up to you, but the user is free to get whatever caches they want, by whatever CO they want. I don’t determine the 8 COs, they do. Would that make a difference?
May 01, 2018 07:50PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7NYQY/34541

Please test and confirm
May 01, 2018 11:09PM
I doubt it would make a difference when the guideline states you can't use the owner as a source of criteria...
June 11, 2018 02:19PM
What is the situation with this request ?? Any feedback from your reviewer??
Can we move it to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed) or will it be cancelled.
June 14, 2018 12:29PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester any more and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
June 14, 2018 08:43PM
Sorry for the delay. Looks like Sumbloke was correct. My local reviewer thought it was viable at first but then came to the same conclusion as you guys. Not viable at this time because you can’t use the CO field at all. If GC changes their guidelines, I’ll revisit. Thanks so much for your help and time on this attempt.
June 15, 2018 01:11PM
Cheecker is deleted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login