To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: 10 cache types within one holiday

[Cancelled] 10 cache types within one holiday
September 03, 2018 12:36PM
Hi there!
I have an idea for a holiday caching challenge: Find 10 different types of caches within one holiday abroad.
As I'm not sure if the guidelines allow this challenge and furthermore if programming a checker is feasible, I would like to have your opinions first.

To clarify:
- You have to find 10 cache types in a different country than your home country.
- Leaving that country (= logging a cache in a different country) breaks the "challenge streak". (So you cannot "collect" types over several holidays, it has to be within one holiday. This might be tricky to program I guess).
- There is no time limit.
- You don't have to maintain a daily streak.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for constructive advice, and best wishes!

famlangerws
September 03, 2018 03:28PM
What if your holiday is visiting multiple countries? So your challenge would be X types in any countries other than your home country, without logging anything in your home country inbetween. Home country is a tricky one too, since Project-GC doesn't know that. Some scripts "fake" it by labelling the country with the most finds your home country. But what if you live on a small island with 2 caches? But yes, I'm not aware of any script that can do this at present.
September 04, 2018 10:44AM
A reviewer might consider this skirting the time limited rules
October 09, 2018 03:22PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
October 01, 2018 09:59PM
Oddly I did exactly this only a couple of weeks ago with 10 types found on a 2 week holiday to Spain
However as already mentioned this is suggesting a time limit to the challenge as the majority of people go on holiday for only a week or 2 weeks.
If the challenge were to be to find 10 types in a country other than your own with no time limitation that would probably be acceptable (though I am quite chuffed with my achievement too ;-)
That is if the issue around 'home country' can be resolved
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login