To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge checker Favorites for cachers and CO's

X+
[Cancelled] Challenge checker Favorites for cachers and CO's
September 27, 2018 07:45PM
Hi, I need a checker for my challenge-cache GC7Y0FP.

There are 2 ways cachers can meet this challenge:

1. The cacher realised an average of 40 favorite points per geocache in his career AND he found a total of 20.000 favorite points with a maximum of 20 geocaches to reach that amount of FP.
OR
2. The cacher is cache owner of an active cache that has by the time of logging on the challenge page a favorite percentage of 50 or higher and at least 26 founds.

Thank you very much.
September 28, 2018 06:50AM
I'm sorry, but neither of those conditions are allowed.

Having an average in the first condition is not allowed under guideline 14:
Not acceptable
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

The second condition is not allowed under guideline 10:
Not acceptable
Requiring cachers to own a cache.
X+
September 28, 2018 12:57PM
Can you please explain why my ask for an average is not allowed? I cannot see that clearly in guideline 14.
Englih is not my native language.

Guideline 10 is only applicable if it is required to own a cache. I don't demand to own a cache. Owning a cache is just an extra opportunity to meet the challenge.
I don't write AND, but I write OR: you may log the challenge if you meet condition 1 (the average and FP-founds) OR condition 2 (being a CO that owns a cache with high FP).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2018 01:13PM by X+. (view changes)
September 28, 2018 02:30PM
For the average question:
Suppose someone had an average of exactly 40 FP on their finds. On their way to your challenge they go past another cache with 0 FP. This then drops their average to below 40 so they wouldn't qualify any more.

Also, if someone has a lot of finds with an average of 39 FP, your challenge might discourage them from finding any with less than 40, just so they can try to qualify. Guideline 14 says that the challenge should have no potential discouragement.

As far as guideline 10, my understanding is that reviewers won't accept conditions of "own a cache". The wording is more so that they don't have to reject challenges where people can count owned caches as though they were found.

But that is just my understanding. If you get approval from your reviewer, we can certainly work wigh it.
X+
September 28, 2018 02:31PM
Thank you, it's clear now. I'll contact our reviewer.
X+
October 15, 2018 05:08PM
HQ says no. I withdraw the question. Tnx for the effort.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login