To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC7Z5HW - HeightDifferenceOnSameDay

[Cancelled] GC7Z5HW - HeightDifferenceOnSameDay
October 18, 2018 08:12PM
Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for the work you all produce.
I am posting this request for a copy/modification of a checker. The challenge I want to create is simple : You must find on the same day 2 traditional caches that have a difference of altitude of minimum 1000m.
I went through the already existing checkers and noticed that the checker of GC51NRX with the Script name: 'HeightDifferenceOnSameDay' (by KaiserVonChina) matches very well.
It 'just' needs to change the elevation difference to '1000' and the cache type to be limited to "Traditional Cache".

Thanks for your help.

Flow07
October 18, 2018 08:21PM
The challenge you are referring to was published before the new guidelines.
Nowadays a challenge like this would not be approved because it is seen as time limited caching.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
October 18, 2018 08:35PM
Hi Vogelbird,

Even if the 'number of cache to find' is not important for my challenge, the aspect 'found on the same day' seems to not match the new guidelines.
So, unfortunately you are right, this challenge won't be accepted :'(

Thanks for your fast reply.

Flow07
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login