To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker request for GC5MDT8

GC5MDT8 Oldies Challenge cache
May 26, 2016 05:32AM
For Oldies Challenge cache (GC5MDT8). Problem is that not all hidden dates are valid so I use Project GC to determine the oldest active cache in each state/province/country but I always need to check the published date or the date of the first log to see if the hidden date is valid. This challenge cache requires finding the oldest cache in 10 US States/Canadian Provinces or the oldest in individual countries. Only the oldest in each country counts except for the USA and Canada where the individual state/provinces also count.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2016 10:30AM by ganja1447. (view changes)
May 26, 2016 09:34AM
That cant be done. The get oldes function on pgc is by hidden date only. The checker cant get first log date on any cache and publication date (last) only on found caches.

And pleased dont add ruled that threat different countries different. The code will be less reusable and complicated/boring to write and the chance that someone will create a new script will be lower.
And your spec is not clear. Is finds in DC allowed and what about Canadian territories?

And why cant I use finds on older caches that have been archived? It there a reason that i will go from qualified to not qualified if a cache is archived?
As i said in another thread?
I have had complains one one of my challenge that it had to be ok if the user met the requirements in the past by reviewers. Because this is in principal the same as limitation on date found in the old guidelines. but i might be mistaken
I would say to use hidden date and say that caches with fake hidden date <2001-05-03 are ignored. Fake hidden date after that will usually result in complains and change by reviewers.
May 26, 2016 11:19AM
That's OK and thanks for the quick response. No checker is really needed for this one anyway since people usually know the old caches that they have found. After thinking about it last night, I decided to cancel my request and that was bfofre I saw your response. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login