To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

[Cancelled] Modified version of a checker for GC80YN0

[Cancelled] Modified version of a checker for GC80YN0
March 27, 2019 10:47AM
Hi there
I am wanting to clone a checker but modify the parameters to satisfy my reviewer.
This is the checker I would like to clone.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC80VP2/38627

Using “Front Yard,” “Dogs Allowed,” “Recommended for Kids,” and “Stroller Accessible” attributes the total of these attributes in the finds has to be 1000 or greater.
I need for the checker to have a minimum of 3 of each type but also no more than 60% of one type.
So if a finder had exactly 1000 of the attributes required, that would make the maximum of one of them 600.
However the finder can find more than 1000 attributes.

I have no idea if you can get this to work or not.

My unpublished cache code is GC80YN0

Please let me know what can be done.
Thanks
Sarah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2019 10:49AM by sharkiefan. (view changes)
Re: Modified version of a checker for GC80YN0
March 27, 2019 10:20PM
Sorry, but I don't think your maximum would be allowed under guideline 14:
Not acceptable
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.
By specifying that a maximum of 60% of these can be of one type, you would be punishing cachers for finding more caches with the attribute they have most finds of. For example, if I had exactly 1000 finds of these attributes, with exactly 600 of them "Dogs allowed", and I found another cache with "Dogs allowed" but none of the other attributes, I would no longer qualify for your challenge even though I did before that 1001st find.
March 27, 2019 11:16PM
I'll take this back to the reviewer who asked for it, and get some clarification.
Thanks for the quick response
Sarah
March 28, 2019 08:27AM
Hiya
Ive spoken to my reviewer and the original challenge is fine to copy with no changes needed.
I'll sort that out myself.
Thanks for your message
Sarah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login