To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker for GC21NH1

[Cancelled] Checker for GC21NH1
May 23, 2019 03:02PM
Hello,

I was wondering whether or not there can be a checker created for GC21NH1 (10 Mile Traditional Challenge)? At first I didn't think so, as I have seen comments on other checker requests that say that Project-GC doesn't have access to a home location.

However, while browsing the checker forum I came across this message chain, and specifically the response from vogelbird on 28 March 2019:

vogelbird
Sorry, I have to correct GreyHams. This checker is possible without disclosing home coordinates.

Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC85CM2/41568

The checker uses the Profile stats and the distance is only updated when the profile stats are updated
The distance is in km and is compared the accessible integer distance in km

Only works for cachers that have logged in on project-gc.com and have set homecoordinates. Else the checker will result in "Failed to execute script" error. The data id from the Profile stats badges and there distance will only be updated when the stats are generated.

If it is possible to create the checker that would be wonderful. My sister, 57KHz is about to complete this challenge and would like to create a similar one in Wisconsin where she lives.

Thank you,

Scott/GoldenStateBoy
May 23, 2019 05:04PM
Sorry, a checker does not have access to the user's home coordinates. Challenges are not allowed to be based upon them either, and haven't been allowed to for several years. This is a matter of integrity.

The checker above is possible because it does not disclose the cacher's home coordinates but in the case of GC21NH1 you have to disclose those coordinates.
May 23, 2019 05:10PM
Thank you, vogelbird. I am a little disappointed, but understand.

To clarify, the statement in the other checker that it "only works for cachers that have logged in on project-gc.com and have set homecoordinates" does not work in this case?

Take care,

GoldenStateBoy
May 23, 2019 06:05PM
That's correct
May 23, 2019 06:11PM
Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login