To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker Request for GC6Y8AF -

[Cancelled] Checker Request for GC6Y8AF -
December 18, 2016 02:30PM
Could I get a checker based on the Bookmark Challenge checker by marram.cz for the following public bookmark?

https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=e7c05a62-7a0e-4d3c-ab32-f383fef4be53

This is a list of caches of all types I have found, attended or placed in Wickham Park, Melbourne, FL. I have created the cache page and am just waiting on being able to post a checker before submitting.

Thank you,

Jim "FloridaJim" Stratford
Melbourne, FL, USA
December 18, 2016 04:11PM
The checker could be made but you have to indicate how many caches on your bookmark have to be found. There is however another problem. This type of challenge might not be acceptable as the information has to come from Geocaching.com

Please read http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206#specificLists

11. Specific Lists - Not Acceptable
A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favorites, my caches, bookmark lists, caches by this owner, or this group.
December 18, 2016 04:17PM
My bad... 100 Regarding the Groundspeak restriction... Then I guess it's not possible unless the list is managed by a Geocaching group, like Florida Geocaching Association or Space Coast Geocaching Association or does that fall under "this group?" I've seen similar challenges for state parks in Washington State by WSGA based on a bookmark list. Is there a possible solution?

FloridaJim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2016 04:23PM by FloridaJim. (view changes)
December 18, 2016 04:28PM
Maybe The Leprechauns can comment on this one. He is a Community Volunteer Reviewer in the States.
December 18, 2016 08:48PM
The Washington State Park Challenge Cache that you're thinking of is indeed based upon a bookmark list maintained by the WSGA. But, that challenge cache was published in 2013 so it's grandfathered.

You cannot publish a challenge cache under the 2016 rules that's dependent upon a bookmark list to define the eligible caches - regardless of who owns the bookmark list.

You might think to change your challenge to "find X number of caches in Wickham Park," but that design would also be impermissible because it's a user-defined geographic area. Only countries, states and counties are allowed.

In addition, your design to find 100 caches in the park doesn't work because the challenge cannot be fulfilled by someone just starting geocaching today. Since there's only 70 caches active in the park now, in order to qualify at least 30 archived caches need to be found.

I do not have a good alternative suggestion for you that overcomes these three challenge guideline issues.
December 18, 2016 09:30PM
OK Thanks for the effort. Back to the drawing board.

FloridaJim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login