To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC6ZK7P - 7 types above 1700m - owned or found :)-D

º
[Cancelled] GC6ZK7P - 7 types above 1700m - owned or found :)-D
January 23, 2017 12:48AM
Hi there

Thanks for considering coding this one >> it should be very simple:

• Find or own 7 different cache types
• All caches have to be above 1700m

Thanks and cheers :D
Philipp

GC6ZK7P
https://coord.info/GC6ZK7P
January 23, 2017 02:04AM
Challenges based on "owned" caches cannot be published under the 2016 guidelines. If you limit the challenge requirements to "finds" only, it's fine.
º
January 23, 2017 03:17AM
Hi there

We had several challenges published which allowed placing caches as optional which would comply with "10. Source of Criteria ... Not acceptable: Requiring cachers to own a cache."

However let me check with the reviewer if something changed in the meantime .... I'll get back to you.
January 23, 2017 04:48AM
My apologies... I should have mentioned that I am a reviewer, posting under my player account. I'm not a script writer or a tagger.
º
January 23, 2017 04:58AM
I've also been a reviewer in the past :)

If you puzzle this together from https://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

• 4. Source of Criteria - Challenge cache criteria must come from information broadly available on Geocaching.com such as on the statistics page, cache placement dates, types, attributes, souvenirs, etc.
  • 10. Source of Criteria - Requiring cachers to own a cache.

it should be fine. The old wording was a bit clearer:
"Challenge caches may not require the publication or ownership of a geocache or waymark as a challenge criteria; challenge caches must be achievable by those who do not own geocaches or waymarks."

>> Basically you can't ask to own/place a geocache but you can add them as optional to make it easier for those who place caches. Owning a cache is not required as per guidelines because the challenge is still (easily) achievable by only finding caches.

Anyway: Let's just wait and see what the guy has to say who has to press the actual publish button.
January 23, 2017 11:12AM
Here is a checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6ZK7P/24411 but the checker will only find caches which have a find log on the log page
º
January 23, 2017 11:15PM
Cool :) that works quite well already. Do you know if it's even possible to include own caches in the checker?

January 24, 2017 02:25AM
Not with that script and I'm not aware of any other script which can handle your conditions.
February 17, 2017 11:27AM
Request cancelled, GCcode published as Traditional Cache
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login