To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GCAAM5J - 00-99 & AA-JJ

[Cancelled] GCAAM5J - 00-99 & AA-JJ
June 27, 2023 10:27PM
Hi there! Looking for a checker for the following challenge I'm making. Any and all help is appreciated! :)

Cache requirements are as follows:

You need to find 20 caches with double numbers from 0-9 in the GC code, as well as double numbers from A-J. You do not need to have doubles of any letters past J. Example: GC9XEEZ and GC9XFHH are valid, but GC9RMMQ is not needed. For double number caches it would look something like GC11RTC.

You must have signed the log for each geocache representing each of the 20 possible spots for it to count. You must have electronically logged the find for the cache whose GC code contains the coordinate so your find can be verified.

The "GC" prefix that is part of every geocache code does NOT count as part of any hit on the grid. So something like GCC238X wouldn't count.

Any cache found at any time anywhere in the world is valid, so you may already qualify for this challenge. Archived caches also count.

Any cache type is valid. It can be virtual, multi, event, legacy-type caches, whatever.

Each cache can only be used for a single time. For example, GC4FFJJ8 could be used for "FF" or "JJ", but not both.
June 28, 2023 12:53AM
Unfortunately, this challenge is not publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.

In addition, only extremely old GCcodes contain double letter "I", as those aren't included in newer GCcodes.
June 28, 2023 01:38AM
Re: that last comment... are you sure? I'm curious to see a reference code containing an I.

The reference pseudocode implementation specifies hexadecimal until GCFFFF (#65535) and then base 36 from GCG000 (#65536). It does specify some "auto corrections"; namely, S for 5 and O for 0, but not I for 1.
June 28, 2023 02:09AM
Ah, you are correct, even old codes don't contain Is... whoopsie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login