To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker Needed

[Cancelled] Checker Needed
August 14, 2023 07:50PM
Please write a checker for my GCACTPE challenge cache. it is just like the one on GC7VZPA.

A cacher must have logged at least one cache in each of 4 time zones: Pacific, Mountain, Central, and Eastern.

Thanks so much.
August 14, 2023 08:26PM
Hello Stuckin4th,

A couple issues.

(1) You requested a checker for GCACTPE in this thread already: https://project-gc.com/forum/read?11,76827. Would you like me to remove that one so that this one can be used instead, or would you like to change the GC# for this request?

(2) By my eye, the timezone boundaries follow state/county lines, so you should not have trouble with this guideline.

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). Examples: user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.

However, your Reviewer might not be convinced and may ask you to list out all the states/counties on your cache listing. Would you like to check with them first?

Thanks,
Hügh
August 14, 2023 09:21PM
My geopartner and I already had the first challenge that I asked you to write, so yes, this time zone one is the one I want. I should have mentioned that. I will check with the reviewer, but someone else has this same challenge, so it should be good, unless the rules change, which they seem to do all the time.

Jean
August 14, 2023 09:23PM
No problem. I'll go ahead and make the checker, so you can submit it to the Reviewer at the same time if you wish:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCACTPE/80225
August 14, 2023 09:29PM
Thanks for writing the checker. I sent it in with a request not to publish, and I asked the reviewer about the concerns. I'll let you know the results, so you will know for the next time someone wants to publish this same challenge.
August 14, 2023 09:32PM
That would be fantastic; thank you.
August 14, 2023 10:38PM
The reviewer said that I can't use time zones. If I could send you a screenshot, you could read the whole email. Basically, it's what you said about requiring specific states or counties.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login