To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Challenge checker for a special hiking series

[Awaiting feedback] Challenge checker for a special hiking series
August 30, 2023 12:50PM
I have hidden a series of hiking multi caches and as Bonus I want to apply a challenge, where only persons can log who have fulfilled all caches of the series. How I can get a suitable checker? Best regards uimjj
August 30, 2023 05:07PM
https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

This violates guideline #11 - Specific Lists.
"A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favorites, my caches, bookmark lists, caches by this owner, or this group."

You could make a challenge which required a certain number of multi-caches with hiking attributes, in addition to a number of caches with bonus attributes, but you can't use your specific list of hides. (Also, we need the GC code of the challenge cache page).
August 31, 2023 06:05PM
The topic is a series of 14 long distance hiking loops (in total approx. 330 km and almost 12000 m altitude) around the district of Voitsberg. I want to complete this with a bonus cache where only persons can log who have fulfilled this series and this without control from my side.

Following the list of GC codes:

R01: Mooskirchen - Pichling GCA4PDZ
R02: Neudorf – St. Bartholomä Lerchegg GCA54J0
R03: Stiwoll Unterkornberg – Geistthal Gschnaidt GCA5A2D
R04: Geistthal Gschnaidt - Tiefsattel GCA5TW4
R05: Tiefsattel - Roßbachalm GCA8MPC
R06: Roßbachalm - Turneralm GCA8MPR
R07: Turneralm - Schwarzkogelsattel
R08: Schwarzkogelsattel – Peterer Alm GCA8MQD
R09: Peterer Alm - Knödelhütte GCA8MRN
R10: Knödelhütte - Packwinkel GCA8MRT
R11: Packwinkel - Freiländeralm GCA8D0R
R12: Freiländeralm - Aiblwirt GCA62B5
R13: Aiblwirt - Steinberg GCA5C38
R14: Steinberg - Mooskirchen GCA4X22

RuVo Challenge Bonus GCA8MVM
September 04, 2023 02:53PM
You just gave a specific list of caches required to pass the challenge, which is exactly what the guideline says is not allowed...

You could ask your reviewer, and if they agree to publish it, we can easily make the checker... But it's doubtful that they will agree. It's also possible that HQ may archive the cache of they "find it" after publication, as it explicitly violates the guidelines. (Yes, this happens, it happened to me!)

Traditionally, if you want to do a bonus cache for a series, you'd put something in the finals of the other caches in the series and use those to locate the final.
October 04, 2023 10:03AM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login