To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: checker request for GC72R1Z Calgary's Neglected Caches Challenge

This challenge is intended to encourage you to seek caches that have not been found for a least 6 months. You may sign the log at any time, but you may only log your find when you meet the following requirements: You must have found neglected caches with a total time between your find and the previous find of 15 years (5, 479 days). A neglected cache is one that has not been found for 180 days or longer, and has not been replaced during that time. For example, I found a cache on 01/25/2017 and it had been previously found on 07/01/2016. The cache was unfound for 208 days and would qualify. I could add 208 days to my total towards meeting the challenge. The caches can be anywhere in the world; past finds count; if multiple people found the cache on the same day, the first log of the bunch gets the credit; if there are not previous logs (you were the FTF), the Published Date is the previous find.
March 26, 2017 11:32PM
We cannot make checkers for this sort of challenge. As the READ FIRST thread says:
* The checkers does not have access to logs from others on the geocaches logged. Therefore a challenge to log a geocaches that hasn't been logged for one year isn't possible. We are however looking into solving this in the near future (June is expected). Details are yet to be determined.

The closest you can get is using the Project-GC definition of "Lonely cache", which is based on age in days divided by number of finds. You could (for example) say that the cacher needs 10 caches where the average days per find is at least 180. I haven't looked at what your stats are like in this regard as to what the numbers would need to be for you to qualify.
March 27, 2017 12:16AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I did read the READ FIRST thread, and was hoping the June that was being referred to was June 2016.

Could a checker be written if I asked the cacher for 20 finds where the average days since last found is at least 180.

There are approximately 500 caches in Canada/Alberta/Division No 6 CalgaryI have met these stats and would qualify.

I would change the challenge to Calgary's Lonely Cache Challenge
March 27, 2017 12:34AM
The Project-GC definition is the one used for the table http://project-gc.com/Statistics/LonelyCaches?profile_name=pickledherrings&country=Canada&region=Alberta&county=Division+No.++6+Calgary&submit=Filter
There are only five caches in Calgary which have an average of 180 days or more per find and you haven't found any of them.

You have 8 finds with more than 80 days average and 27 with 50 or more.

Also, the cache name gets automatically populated from the cache page once it's published. We just need to know the GC code.
March 27, 2017 12:43AM
ok - I misunderstood.
I guess I'm still trying for something where the days between the last find and the cacher finding it is 180 days - where the checker would need access to logs from others on the geocaches logged. Got it.

Project GC has days since last found (that's what I was thinking, not lonely caches). Is there a way to use that to get 20 caches where the average from date last found is 180?
March 27, 2017 01:08AM
Project-GC has a lot of data which is not made available to the checker system. The other logs on a cache is one of those bits of data. I think it is not available due to the amount of extra load that would put on the databases, but I'm not sure.

The only information that a checker can get about other logs is the number of times the cache was found. That is why I suggested the Project-GC "Lonely Caches" numbers as being the closest you can get to what you wanted.
April 22, 2017 11:54AM
No more feedback received and request archived in : ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login