To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: CHALLENGE 360º Catalunya - GC73CFG

[Cancelled] CHALLENGE 360º Catalunya - GC73CFG
April 26, 2017 12:23PM
Hello,

I would like to have a challenge checker for 360 degrees around Catalonia.

The requirement is to have logged at least on cache for each degree interval around the Catalonia's center (N 41° 50.253 E 001° 32.267). Only caches within Catalonia counts. All cache types including Events may be used, including archived caches. For caches which does not have it's final coordinates where the cache is plotted, for example Unknown caches, the coordinates where they are plotted on the map are those that counts. Not the final the coordinates.

Could someone help me out on setting this up?

Thank you,

PumaDPL
April 26, 2017 12:49PM
Please read the FIRST READ http://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,8362

360-challenges
The 360-challenges (example: 360 degrees of Sweden is not handled by this checker system but by native code of the site. For those you need to contact Project-GC's support.
Note that in most cases it requires around 10000 geocaches in the area you want to create the 360-challenge for. In an ideal world, 360 geocaches would be enough, if they were perfectly evenly spread, but that is never the case.
Project-GC does not know if these will be accepted with the new guidelines, it's a matter of interpretation of the guidelines.

I had a quick look at your situation regaring this challenge and you are missing still 61 caches. The guidelines say that you have to fullfill your own challenge. You can see your situation at http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC73CFG/26187
April 30, 2017 02:18AM
Volunteer Reviewer here.

The written guidance given to Reviewers by Geocaching HQ (as of February 2017) is that no new 360 degree challenges can be published. This is a result of the "user defined polygon" concept.
May 11, 2017 04:32PM
No more feedback received and request archived in : ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login