To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC74P08 Continental Challenge cache #1

[Resolved] GC74P08 Continental Challenge cache #1
June 22, 2017 02:04AM
I am making a series of challenge caches and therefore need a checker for each. Would one checker suffice for all 7. The first one is you have to have found at least one cache on one continent, the next will be one cache on each of two continents, etc. in addition to the challenge cache itself. The second one already set is GC77MDQ. Since we are brand new to the placing of challenges is there anything else you would need? Thank you so very much for your help. Dictaham and clan (Liz and Larry)
June 22, 2017 05:16AM
No, just need the GC codes. You will need separate checkers for each (although they will use the same script). Also, bear in mind that you will need to qualify for the challenges before they are published and you currently only have four continents (so five and more won't be able to be published).

Here are the first two:
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC74P08/27151
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC77MDQ/27152

Please confirm they are suitable.
June 22, 2017 09:42PM
I noticed that the Checker allows for Locationless Caches to count for a continent, thereby allowing a geocacher to qualify without ever having visited the continent where the Locationless Cache had its posted coordinates. The cache owner may wish to ask for Locationless Caches to be excluded from the Checker.
June 27, 2017 04:10AM
Yes they work sorry for the late reply.
A suggestion was made that we exclude locationless caches.
can that be done?
Thank you for your quick response.
Dictaham
June 27, 2017 04:50AM
I've altered the tags to exclude Locationless caches.
June 27, 2017 02:49PM
Thank you.
June 28, 2017 05:01AM
I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. When you create the other caches, please create another thread and refer to one of the checkers I created so as to get consistent checkers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login