To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: New Checker Request - GC441J5 - P.H.D. in Geocaching Degree Challenge

[Resolved] New Checker Request - GC441J5 - P.H.D. in Geocaching Degree Challenge
June 26, 2017 04:38PM
I know there are individual checkers for Fizzy, Jasmer, etc. but not sure how to combine to meet this challenge:

Need 80 points total:

DISTANCE LEARNING ONE (20 points) -- you must have logged at least one find in each of the 48 contiguous United States since you began caching.

HALF WAY USA ONE (10 points) --you must have logged at least one find in 24 of the contiguous 48 United States.

SEMESTER ABROAD ONE (10 points) -- you must have logged at least thirty (30) caches of any type outside of the contiguous 48 lower states.

MUNICIPAL CODE ONE (10 points) -- you must have logged finds in at least four hundred (400) counties.

DELORME CHALLENGES (10 points; capped at two states maximum) -- you must have fulfilled the requirements and logged a DeLorme challenge in a state.

ALL COUNTIES IN STATE CHALLENGES (10 points towards degree; capped at two states maximum) -- you must have logged a find in each of the counties within a state.

PLACED DATE ONE (20 points towards degree) -- you must have logged at least one find by placed date for each day of the year. You may straddle across multiple years to fulfill this requirement to fill your grid.

A CACHE A DAY ONE (20 points)-- you must have logged at least one find on each day of the year of any cache type. You may straddle across multiple years to fulfill this requirement and complete your grid.

FIZZY GRID ONE (20 points) -- you have filled a D/T grid in entirety.

HIDDEN JASMER ONE (20 points) -- you must have logged at least one find per month/year combination on a Jasmer Grid for a period of not less than ten years.

HALF JASMER ONE (10 points) -- you must have logged at least one find per month/year combination for a period of not less than five years.

Thanks,

- VPDJ
June 27, 2017 03:37AM
My enhancement of the Multiple test Checker would handle most of these requirements. I'm making some tweaks to handle more. The DeLorme part would not really be possible, but I can flag people who are close as "maybe" meeting the conditions.
June 28, 2017 05:37AM
I've tagged it other than the DeLorme challenge condition and the all counties in a state condition. I've requested a few new methods be added to the checker system which would help for the all counties in a state one, but only one of the last ten finders needs either of these conditions to meet the challenge.

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC441J5/27297
June 28, 2017 01:51PM
It looks great except for the condition for:

SEMESTER ABROAD ONE (10 points towards degree) -- in order to complete this segment of the curriculum, you must have logged at least thirty (30) caches of any type outside of the contiguous 48 lower states.

This should be outside the USA - but it shows I qualify even though I have only 2 such finds - it shows 5116 finds.

I appreciate the quick response.

-- VPDJ
June 28, 2017 01:59PM
Okay, looks like I still need to work on that code. It's counting all of your non-lab cache finds. I'll look at it tomorrow.
June 28, 2017 11:15PM
I found the bug. You now qualify with 128 finds for that part of the challenge, since District of Columbia isn't one of the 48 contiguous states. If it's intended that DoC finds don't count toward that sub-challenge, the CO will need to update the cache listing.
June 29, 2017 02:46PM
I conferred with the originator of this challenge - and we concurred that the "SEMESTER ABROAD" should not include DC since it is encompassed within the 48 lower states - and as such would not be "ABROAD".

Please revise the criteria to exclude District of Columbia from the SEMESTER ABROAD criteria.

I appreciate your efforts on this tricky checker.

Thanks,

- VPDJ
June 29, 2017 09:36PM
Could you create a shortened output showing just the title and points totals earned for each of these:

DISTANCE LEARNING ONE (20 points)
HALFWAY USA ONE (10 points)
SEMESTER ABROAD ONE (10 points)
MUNICIPAL CODE ONE (10 points)
DELORME CHALLENGES (10 points; capped at two states maximum)
ALL COUNTIES IN STATE CHALLENGES (10 points; capped at two states maximum)
PLACED DATE ONE (20 points)
A CACHE A DAY ONE (20 points)
FIZZY GRID ONE (20 points)
HIDDEN JASMER ONE (20 points)
HALF JASMER ONE (10 points)

Also to check for qualifications for the DELORME section - could you count the number of PUZZLE caches found with "{Statename} Delorme Challenge" in the title?

Thanks,

- VPDJ - Paul J
June 29, 2017 11:03PM
Okay, I've removed DoC as a re-inclusion for Semester Abroad. I've also added headings for the different sub-challenges (the script is not designed to have complete re-writing of the output).

As far as the DeLorme one goes, there currently isn't any function in that script to look for words in names. That particular ability wouldn't be viable to add, since such challenges are no longer allowed. However, I am thinking about adding a very generic regular expression function, which would cover this. It might have to wait until next week though.
July 02, 2017 12:39AM
For Delorme and All County - I can simplify it greatly by just naming the 10 states near Virginia and the associated caches - so if they have found one of the 10 Delorme challenge caches then they qualify - similarly the 10 all county challenge caches. Find one or 2 of each list to qualify.

The Virginia DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GCVYD4

The Maryland and Delaware DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GCR7CH

Delaware DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GC21XB6

The Pennsylvania DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GCXAE2

Tour de Cache 2 - NJ DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GC16TDD

West Virginia DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GCT147

New York's DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GC102CP

The North Carolina DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GCTYE6

Connecticut Delorme Challenge
Mystery | GCXEGV

Rhode Island DeLorme Challenge
Mystery | GC5DCAA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virginia County Challenge
Mystery | GC244RF

The Maryland All Counties Challenge
Mystery | GC13ER9

Delaware Counties Challenge
Mystery | GC19479

The Pennsylvania All Counties Challenge
Mystery | GC10YN8

Tour de Cache - NJ County Challenge
Mystery | GCXQ4H

The North Carolina County Challenge
Mystery | GC19YRC

NY County Challenge
Mystery | GC6PENG

The West Virginia County Challenge
Mystery | GC1QWJF

Massachusetts County Challenge
Mystery | GC19QJC

Connecticut County Challenge Cache
Mystery | GC6K8G0

Rhode Island County Challenge
Mystery | GC4R6K2
July 04, 2017 04:06AM
I've updated the script and tag. It now checks for all conditions.
July 04, 2017 01:21PM
This is fantastic!! - I appreciate all of your hard work to get this one working!!

Looks great and Works great!!

Many Thanks,
- VPDJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login