To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Checker

[Resolved] Checker
August 30, 2017 12:55PM
Hi,
Could I please get a checker made where geocachers must find 18 different geocaches. Nine for each difficulty rating, and nine for each terrain rating?

Thanks,
Potatonator
August 30, 2017 01:08PM
We need the GC code for your challenge...
August 31, 2017 01:28AM
GC7BKQ1
August 31, 2017 01:35AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7BKQ1/28425

Please test and let us know.
August 31, 2017 07:30AM
That's good thanks, though is it possible to make sure each of the 18 caches is different?
August 31, 2017 07:35AM
They are all unique caches. You will notice 2 sections in the output: one sorted by difficulty and one sorted by terrain, so you can easily verify that all D and T are covered. During my own testing I could verify that the selection is unique. Or do you mean unique DT ratings?
September 01, 2017 01:34AM
In my test, I have the same cache for D1.5 and T3.5
September 01, 2017 07:23AM
This checker picks 18 unique caches and then displays the same 18 twice, once sorted by difficulty and once sorted by terrain. There should be no duplicate caches in each of those groupings. If you do see duplicates, please send me the profile you tested so I can take a look?
September 01, 2017 09:35AM
Oh, I see now. Thanks for your help. Once my cache is published, will the 'cache does not exist' sign disappear?
September 01, 2017 09:55AM
The checker system has no access to your cache details, name included, until it's published, hence it can't show the name there yet. It will show as soon as your cache is published.

PS: if it's too confusing with the 2 tables, I can drop the second table and only sort by difficulty, or terrain, or gccode? I merely thought it will allow you to quickly see that no difficulty or terrain were missed in the selection.
September 01, 2017 10:15AM
I think it's fine. I have submitted the cache for review, so I have to wait and see if the reviewer passes it. I also added some details to the cache page regarding the checker output. I think it should be easy to understand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login