To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: GC7C2D4 - 6 events in 6 different states

[Resolved] GC7C2D4 - 6 events in 6 different states
September 07, 2017 08:10PM
Hello, I would like to request a checker for a new challenge cache. The requirement is to attend 6 events in 6 different states. Any event type cache can count and 6 different states over any time period. Your home state can count as long as you've attended 1 event. I would prefer if the checker return the first attended event for each state. Thanks

A similar checker already exists for 7 states and excludes Minnesota in the results. GC4YEPT
September 07, 2017 08:25PM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7C2D4/28574

Please test and let us know.
September 07, 2017 08:32PM
Wowsers that was fast! I have checked about 10 people and it seems to work. Doesn't list the first one in each state for some reason but that's fine. How do I get it on my page?
September 07, 2017 08:35PM
You simply include the link in your cache description. There's more detail in the "READ FIRST" post in this forum.
September 07, 2017 11:21PM
OK I figured out how to link that up to my page. I have a few questions. How do you reset it to 0/0 prior to publishing? Currently on my page it says 4/6.

Also, I noticed in the Tag Config it says "Groundspeak Block Party", but if you scroll over that icon it is called "Geocaching Block Party". Does that matter? I don't write computer code so I have no idea.

Thanks for the help.
September 08, 2017 06:28AM
You cant reset the counter. And even if you could the reviewer will likely test on you and perhaps others

The cache type is called "Groundspeak Block Party" in GPX etc. They might have change the names on the website like on other types

"Unknown Cache" is now called "Mystery Cache" but they have not change the name in the file format to keep compatibility with gps, phone apps and computer software...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login