To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Could I get 2 checkers for diverse caching?

[Resolved] Could I get 2 checkers for diverse caching?
September 24, 2017 06:02AM
Hello everyone,

as I would like to create two challenge caches for diverse caching I would like to ask you for the following two checkers:

A ) Logging ten different cache types in one calendar day - I guess that this is not acceptable under the 2016 rules?
B ) For having logged 14 different cache types (no date restriction, including lab caches)

I have fulfilled both requirements. Could you tell me if these challenges are acceptable under the current Groundspeak rules, and if lab caches are a problem? If so, could you make checker B ) for 13 cache types only?

Sorry for not including a GC code yet; I first wanted to make sure that the challenges are within the rules.

Thank you very much, best wishes,

Stefan / famlangerws

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2017 06:07AM by famlangerws. (view changes)
September 24, 2017 06:35AM
A. Correct, the time limit portion (single day) is not acceptable under current rules.

B. Debatable on the attainability of 14 types, but we can create a checker once we have a GC code.
September 24, 2017 07:31AM
On b -The checker will not detect Lab.Caches because they are a not acceptable type for Challenges
Please read the listing guidelines http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

10. Source of Criteria - Not Acceptable
Trackable, Benchmarking, Waymarking logs, or specifying Lab Cache finds. (new 2016)
October 04, 2017 12:49PM
pieterix and vogelbird,

thank you very much for your feedback. I have changed my challenge accordingly. Could you please program a checker to see if a cacher has found 13 challenge-compatible cache types in his caching career?

The GC code will be GC7D5ZQ .
Thank you very much for your help! Best wishes,

Stefan / famlangerws
October 04, 2017 12:58PM
October 04, 2017 01:53PM
Hi vogelbird,

what a quick reply! Yes, that's exactly what I need. I guess I can go ahead and use the checker?

Thank you and best wishes,

Stefan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login