To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Need checker for a month of mystery caches

[Resolved] Need checker for a month of mystery caches
January 04, 2018 11:59PM
I have been working on a blackout challenge to find a mystery cache on every day of the year -- not consecutively. (see GC4Z77B). I have completed one month now and will try to finish the remaining eleven months this year. I want to create a challenge for completing one calendar month, any year, with a mystery cache on each day. I have been using the checker for GC4Z77B to monitor my progress, but I can't tell if that can be tagged to do a month at a time. I see checkers for streaks, but not for what I need.
January 05, 2018 04:23AM
I have a solution for you, but require the GC code for your challenge to link it.
January 18, 2018 11:29PM
Sorry for the delay. I was expecting some notification if someone had replied.

The cache is not yet published, but the GC number is GC7HA2V.
January 19, 2018 12:36AM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7HA2K/31453

Please confirm that this is the checker you require
January 19, 2018 12:41AM
No, it needs to be for mystery caches, not multicaches.

Thanks
January 19, 2018 01:04AM
It also needs to pass if any one row (month) is completed, regardless of any other row being incomplete.
January 19, 2018 01:27AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7HA2V/31456

Please test and let us know.
January 19, 2018 02:16AM
Yes, that works in that it tells me I have completed one month (December), which is correct. What would it say if I had no months? Would there be any feedback to the cacher of how many caches would be needed to complete one month? Or if more than once month qualified, would it list all months that qualify? I am considering additional challenges for two, three, and maybe more months. A stepwise progression to completing a full year.

Thanks!
January 19, 2018 02:23AM
The feedback for no months is basically blank. And no, unfortunately it doesn't give any feedback on completion. And yes, I believe it will list all the months you've completed. I also believe that it will be possible to use the same script to check for multiple months too.

PS: your challenge is not published yet, so Project-GC can't find the name of the cache. It will automatically appear on the checker as soon as your challenge is published.
January 19, 2018 02:17AM
Also, the name of the cache is Mysterious Month Challenge.

Thanks!
January 24, 2018 05:16AM
I have concluded that the checker as written now is inadequate because it does not provide the geocacher any way to see how close they are to completing a one month blackout. Other checkers I've seen and used have provided a list of matching caches and/or a list of criteria (e.g., dates) that are missing from the cacher's find list.

I would appreciate it if you would try again to find a suitable checker for my challenge.

Thanks.
January 24, 2018 05:56AM
January 27, 2018 05:46AM
For February, does this require a find on the 29th? If so, does that comply with current rules?
January 27, 2018 06:02AM
It is my understanding that 2/29 cannot be required under the new rules, but I haven't looked into the detailed requirements to confirm that.
February 04, 2018 01:14PM
Cache published and request archived in ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login