To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Attend a Giga-Event outside of your home country

[Resolved] Attend a Giga-Event outside of your home country
March 26, 2018 03:02AM
Please make me a challenge checker for: Attend a Giga-Event outside of the country in which you live. The cache is GC7CDXA.

Thanks,
SmilingBee
March 26, 2018 03:12AM
The checker system doesn't have access to your home location. This is mentioned in the READ FIRST thread in this forum.

The closest that would be possible would be to exclude the country with the most finds. I *think* that I've got code working for that.
March 26, 2018 01:37PM
That would be fine.
March 26, 2018 10:25PM
Here's the checker with the most found country excluded: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7CDXA/33828 . If the user happens to have equal most finds in two or more countries it will exclude all of those countries (which is quite unlikely for this challenge, but best to clarify that in your listing).

Please confirm it is suitable.
March 26, 2018 10:30PM
What happens if a cacher is living in a country with no Giga-Event
March 26, 2018 10:38PM
I think that may be (at least part of) the reason the originally stated conditions were for one outside of your home country.

As far as the checker goes, it doesn't matter whether or not there is a Giga-event in the country with the most finds, it just checks if you have found one in any country that isn't the country you have the most finds in. For example, SmilingBee has most finds in USA, so USA gets excluded from the check for a Giga-event. They have two Giga-event attendances, one in Czech Republic and one in Germany, so both get found by my checker.
March 26, 2018 11:05PM
Ok I see your point now
March 26, 2018 02:24PM
The other possibility is to just make a challenge for 2 countries because of the filtering sumbloke's idea might run into diffivulty
March 27, 2018 02:59AM
sumbloke

The checker works great! I have a question. How do I get it to come up on my page with the little checker icon? I have never done one before.

Thanks!
SmilingBee
March 27, 2018 03:10AM
On right-hand side of the checker page there should be a button "Link...". Clicking on that button will give examples and HTML code for the three different outputs you could have on your page. We recommend the third option. Copy the HTML, edit your cache page and insert the HTML where you want it to show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login