To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: checker request GC7MJM0 A Stately County Challenge

[Resolved] checker request GC7MJM0 A Stately County Challenge
April 05, 2018 07:30PM
New geocache. GC7MJM0 A Stately
Would someone be willing to write (or assist me - I might need a lot of help, at least initially) in writing a script / checker? New cache. At minimum the checker would need to verify if a geocacher has 100 or more finds - in 14 or more US counties - AND with the additional requirement that those 14 (or more) US counties be in a minimum of 4 US states.

Preferred - but not required - that at least 2 of the 14 counties have a minimum of 1000 finds.

And - preferred, but less so - that 100 or more finds in foreign countries - foreign territories - foreign states can
be used to substitute for US counties.
April 05, 2018 08:09PM
I have a difficulty with the term foreign countries - foreign territories - foreign states.
Geocaching is using the term countries and regions, best to only substitude foreign countries
April 05, 2018 09:08PM
Regions maybe. I'm taking into consideration countries such as Australia where there are multiple territories - each with their own souvenir. So 100 finds in Australia really shouldn't count any more than 100 finds in Florida or 100 finds in Nebraska. It should be 100 finds in Queensland or 100 finds in New South Wales, etc.
That's why the requirement for other countries (and their regions / states / territories, etc.) is down the list of requirements.
Main thing would be a script that will handle the initial 100 or more finds in 14 or more counties in 4 or more states.
April 06, 2018 07:22PM
Or - as an alternative (since I'm very open to making the challenge less restrictive)....
And be faster / less work
Drop other countries entirely - drop the need for 4 or more states.
Then - if I'm understanding things correctly - it could be possible to clone the checker for GC42BAA
(which checks for 100 or more caches in 10 or more California counties).
Then copy / clone / etc. the Tag config. changing groups from 10 to 14 - and guessing change the
region from California to United States?
April 06, 2018 07:33PM
April 06, 2018 08:11PM
Seems to be. It works for the 1/2 dozen or so fellow cachers that I know meet finding 100 caches in at least 14
counties.
Thanks.
Is this OK to go - or is there something else needed (other than my contacting my reviewer, etc.).
April 06, 2018 08:43PM
It's good to go
April 06, 2018 08:54PM
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login