To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Re: Catch 22: Meeting your own Challenge

[Resolved] Catch 22: Meeting your own Challenge
August 16, 2018 03:04AM
Hi -

So I want to create a challenge based on logging a find in each US county (or "independent city" in Virginia) that a certain band toured in. It seems that one must qualify for the challenge before posting it - fair enough. However, I would like to estblish the checker before qualifying so that I can confirm that I set up everything correctly. It will involve visiting many states so I would hate to think that I qualified only to find out I specified a wrong location when setting it up.

So, will the coding community here allowed to code a checker as a "test" check that I could use so I can confirm my progress as I work through actually qualifying for it? Obviously the code would have to be created to confirm that I qualified (for publishing) but would I be able to use it before I actually did?

Thanks,
GG
August 16, 2018 03:46AM
Yes, that's certainly possible. Start your cache page (so you can get a GC code) and tell us the precise conditions and we can set up the checker for you. Just make sure you don't submit it for publishing until you're ready (and have qualified).
August 16, 2018 05:12AM
Hi Sumbloke -

Thanks for responding so quickly! I will post the request once I get a GC code.

Best,
GG
October 09, 2018 12:49PM
I will archive this thread to cleanup the request section.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login