To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

10 3.5 or higher difficulty/terrain from different states

10 3.5 or higher difficulty/terrain from different states
May 25, 2016 07:45PM
I'd like to see if this challenge checker can be made, please:

GC3RQKC

Find ten 3.5 or higher Difficulty or Terrain, with each high Difficulty being from a DIFFERENT STATE OR COUNTRY, and each high Terrain being from a DIFFERENT STATE OR COUNTRY.

A) You don't like/can't do terrain caches, so you choose to do 10 3.5 or higher difficulty caches. All 10 need to be from 10 different states. Yes, Ohio is a state.

B) You can't do puzzles and don't like difficult hides, but you love terrain, so you choose to do 10 3.5 or higher Terrain caches from 10 different states. Ohio is still a state.

C) You find that you have done 7 3.5 or higher terrain caches in 6 different states and 1 in Canada. You have also done 3 3.5 or higher difficulty caches in 3 of those 6 states. You now have your 10!!!

D) You have done 5 3.5 or higher difficulty caches in 5 different states. You discover that all 5 of those caches ALSO have a 3.5 or higher terrain! How lucky for you, you only need FIVE caches to fulfill the requirements, and one of these can be right here in OHIO!!! (NOT THIS CACHE - IT DOES NOT COUNT!)

Thank you!
Re: 10 3.5 or higher difficulty/terrain from different states
May 25, 2016 08:32PM
May 25, 2016 08:51PM
That is not correct.
Rule D allows a cache to be counted twice if D and T>3.5
The checker require 10 different caches

And it depend how state and country is interpreted. Your checker look for 10 different regions and I am not sure that more then one is allowed in Canada. And DC is allowed which is not a state

If I was the CO i would change all state/country to region. As region is the second geographical level on gc.com. That is State/province/territory etc because it will make it easier to create a checker. And caches in all countries will be allowed.
If that is changed to that i will write a checker because it will be easier to write and more likely to used on other challenges

And rewrite the rule into one easy to understand because that is a requirement for challenges.

"You have to find 10 caches with D>=3.5 or T>=3.5. If a cache has D>=3.5 and T>=3.5 it can be counted as twice.
Only one cache can be used in each region(State, province, territory etc)"
And then write some example with 10 caches and 5 caches.
May 25, 2016 08:56PM
I would be happy to change it to region and will rewrite the requirements. Thank you.
May 26, 2016 12:15AM
I got stuck extending a polygon checker so it can use points and radius to

Here is a correct tag with my updated requirements http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3RQKC/20715
vogelbird please remove your tag
May 26, 2016 06:28AM
I have disabled the checker but can you enabled your's
May 26, 2016 09:03AM
:-) It is now enabled
May 26, 2016 09:10AM
Only 5 caches are shown in the results. I thought 10 caches (regions) were needed?
May 26, 2016 09:18AM
That is not needed. It is one cache per region and example D says that you can count D and T if both are above >=3.5 and then only 5 caches is needed. That was the problem on your tag
May 26, 2016 09:21AM
OK It must have been late I mist that completely
May 26, 2016 01:45PM
Thank you so much for putting this checker together!!! It determines the user's qualifications wonderfully. I have one request that ISN'T necessary but would make it a bit more accurate. Right now in the Script output it says, "I made it with 10 finds with D>=3.5 or T>=3.5 with max 1 cache per region". I only needed 5 finds and it still says 10 finds. Is there a variable to throw in place of "10" that will return the number of finds that were output?
May 26, 2016 01:49PM
changed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login